Physiological Measurement

Polly

Sep 21, 2020, 8:20:29 AM9/21/20
to physionet-challenges
Dear organizers,
It was a wonderful challenge and we learned a lot from it!Thank you so much for your efforts!
Our team plan to extend our 4-page paper and submit to Physiological Measurement.
It is not clear what extent the content of the  4-page paper  needs to be expanded to increase the possibility of being accepted by the journal. Can you please give us some advice?Can we modify the main methods in our 4-page paper or just add some detailed analysis?

Best,
Polly

PhysioNet Challenge

Sep 21, 2020, 8:40:51 AM9/21/20
to Polly, physionet-challenges
Dear Polly,

Thank you so much for your kind words - we hope next year will be even better, and we can address more of the questions we all have!

For the focus issue in Physiological Measurement, you can write an extended version of your CinC paper (following the same 12 point (not pint) guidelines from my previous email) - I would advise making it 8-12 pages in length, providing as much detail as possible on your methods and results, adding an analysis of which classes were most problematic for your algorithm, and add a comparison with other approaches in the literature, (particularly with other methods at CinC, which you will now have seen).
(The test score by class will be released soon, and the other articles are available as preprints - those without preprints obviously will not get as much attention and you should not cite papers based on reading the abstract only.)
You may also improve the algorithm, or address related issues.
A draft of the announcement as it will appear at the journal, with full scope and guidelines, can be found here:
If you submit before the focus issue is live, please contact the journal (and cc us) to let them know you want it included in this particular focus issue.

Thanks again for contributing, and we look forward to your journal articles.

All the best,

Gari

PhysioNet Challenge

Sep 24, 2020, 8:34:01 AM9/24/20
to christoph....@googlemail.com, physionet-challenges
Dear Christoph,

Thanks for your kind words. To clarify on the focus issue ... it will 'go live'
shortly, and papers will be reviewed in the order received at the normal
cadence (generally within 1-2 months depending on reviewers) and
published as soon as they are accepted in the focus issue.
If you submit before the focus issue is live, just let both the journal and
the challenge organizers (by emailing us here) know that you want the
article to be included in the focus issue "Classification of multilead ECGs",
associated with this year's PhysioNet/CinC Challenge.

They should be able to do the back-room work to tie it together.
Once the focus issue is 'live', you will be able to select the specific focus
issue from a drop down menu when submitting.

Just to note - these will be reviewed as any regular paper, not by the Challenge
team, although we will be involved in the editing of the issue and will provide
editorial context for each received article to make sure there are no glaring
issues, such as reporting incorrect results, or making failing to identify when
scores are not real test scores.

All the best, and we are looking forward to your contribution!

-Gari

To: physionet-challenges <physionet-...@googlegroups.com>
Bcc:
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 01:37:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [physionet-challenges] Physiological Measurement
Dear Organizers,

First, let me second Polly’s thanks for this year’s challenge. As in previous years, it was really informative and good fun!

Just to clarify: the special issue will go live soon and you encourage us to submit an article based on the results of the current challenge? I am asking because you mentioned at the conference that the special issue will stay open for quite some time (sometime next year?) and next year’s challenge will be based on this one. That does, however, not mean that we should wait until it is open and incorporate those results as well?

All the best,
Christoph

PhysioNet Challenge

Sep 24, 2020, 12:21:15 PM9/24/20
to physionet-challenges
Dear Challengers,

I've *just* been informed that the Focus Issue has now officially been announced:
To submit, login and create an account at the journal:
During submission select
Special Issue Article
as the type of article, and then choose:
"Classification of Multilead ECGs"

Importantly, please do not use the words 'PhysioNet' or 'Challenge' or the phrase 'computing in cardiology' or 'classification of multilead ECGs' in the title.
Your title should be specific to the contribution you have made.

Many thanks

Bjørn-Jostein Singstad

Apr 13, 2021, 10:03:23 AM4/13/21
to physionet-challenges
Dear Organizers,

How long will this special issue be open for submission?

BR
Bjørn-J

PhysioNet Challenge

Apr 13, 2021, 10:17:04 AM4/13/21
to Bjørn-Jostein Singstad, physionet-challenges
Dear Bjørn-Jostein

The special issue will be open until the end of 2021 to allow for entries to the current Challenge to submit research on the methods developed this year.

All the best,

Gari

(On behalf of the Challenge team)

https://physionetchallenges.github.io/

Please post questions and comments in the forum. However, if your question reveals information about your entry, then please email chal...@physionet.org. We may post parts of our reply publicly if we feel that all Challengers should benefit from it. We will not answer emails about the Challenge to any other address. This email is maintained by a group. Please do not email us individually.