Unusually Tall ECG Lead Separator Ticks in Generated Images

Amaan Kazi

Jul 11, 2024, 12:58:58 PM (4 days ago) Jul 11
to physionet-challenges

Hello,

I have a question about generating ECG images using the ecg-image-kit. I recently cloned the repo (https://github.com/alphanumericslab/ecg-image-kit), but when I generate images using the data sampled at 100 Hz (specifically, the data from the records100 folder within the PTB-XL dataset), I get images with tall lead separators ticks as follows:

00001_lr-0.png

However, when I generate images using the data sampled at 500 Hz (specifically, the data from the records500 folder within the PTB-XL dataset), I get images with small lead separators ticks as follows:

00001_hr-0.png

I would expect the lead separator ticks for both images to be of the same size, but that is not the case. Additionally, I have not seen lead separator ticks that are as tall as the ones in the first image in real paper ECG images. Thus, I was wondering if the tall lead separator ticks could be fixed for the 100 Hz dataset? If not, would it be better to proceed with using the 500 Hz dataset to generate the images?

Thank you,

Amaan Kazi

PhysioNet Challenge

Jul 11, 2024, 1:01:06 PM (4 days ago) Jul 11
to physionet-challenges
Dear Amaan,

Thanks for noticing this issue. It is, indeed, a bug, and fixed in the current version of ECG-Image-Kit, so please pull or download the current version of the code. The separators now look like the second image from your email regardless of the sampling frequency of the signal. Also, the bug did not affect the training, validation, or test sets.

Best,
Matt
(On behalf of the Challenge team.)

Please post questions and comments in the forum. However, if your question reveals information about your entry, then please email info at physionetchallenge.org. We may post parts of our reply publicly if we feel that all Challengers should benefit from it. We will not answer emails about the Challenge to any other address. This email is maintained by a group. Please do not email us individually.