Another chance to win?

physionet-challenges

Oct 5, 2021, 5:46:40 PM10/5/21
to physionet-challenges

Dear Challengers,

Thank you to all who submitted their final papers on time. If you have received an email from us noting you have errors in the preprint still, please address them immediately. We are now past the deadline, and you risk being removed from both the Conference Proceedings and from the official ranking (an accurate article accepted for publication is part of the Challenge)

We also wanted to note that there’s another opportunity to be scored one more time (and officially re-ranked)! To do this, you must submit updated functional code (both training and test) with a full length (8-12 page) preprint describing your approach to us by December 1st, for pre-review by the Challenge team. You must also agree to submit the article (with the new score we provide) to the Journal of Physiological Measurement Focus Issue by their deadline (11th January) - see here for more information:

https://iopscience.iop.org/journal/0967-3334/page/Classification_Multilead_ECGs

Your definitive articles with all public code, and our synopsis of the best entries, will be published in mid 2022.

Please note that the Focus Issue is quite broad, and we will consider articles related to multi-lead ECG analysis in any way. Although we are happy to consider articles that describe your Challenge approach in more detail, we hope many of you will take the opportunity to update your code, learn from others you have seen in the Challenge, and incorporate the best ideas into your approach! We all learn from each other.

We look forward to reading your articles and seeing even better code soon!

All the best,

Gari, Nadi and Matt

(On behalf of the Challenge team.)

https://PhysioNetChallenges.org/

https://PhysioNet.org/

Please post questions and comments in the forum. However, if your question reveals information about your entry, then please email challenge at physionet.org. We may post parts of our reply publicly if we feel that all Challengers should benefit from it. We will not answer emails about the Challenge to any other address. This email is maintained by a group. Please do not email us individually.

PhysioNet Challenge

Oct 25, 2021, 10:24:14 PM10/25/21
to physionet-challenges
Dear Challengers,

We have received a few questions from teams about our offer to score (and rank!) your code again on the 2021 Challenge test data.

We are offering to score your code one more time on the test data to support submissions to the Physiological Measurement focus issue on Classification of Multilead ECGs:

We hope to receive focus issue articles that incorporate new and exciting ideas that we saw in the preprints and presentations at CinC -- if you do, then please cite them! We are also happy to receive articles that explore work from the 2021 Challenge in more detail or from a new perspective. You do not need to use the same approach from the 2021 Challenge, you do not need to have the same team or team members from the 2021 Challenge, you do not need to have competed in the 2021 Challenge or attended CinC 2021 and you do not need to have submit an article focused on the 2021 Challenge (unless you want to have your code scored) -- all work about classifying multilead ECGs is welcome.

To support these articles, we will double the allowed run times for both training and testing when we run your code, but the computational resources and constraints will be otherwise the same, including the requirements for working training code.

To be eligible for us to score your code, you must:
  1. Submit updated functional code (both training and test) with a full length (8-12 page) preprint describing your approach to us by 1 December 2021. Non-working code will not be scored. Please include your preprint in your code repository. Physiological Measurement has templates that you can use, but you do not need to use a specific template.
  2. Agree to submit the article (with the new score we provide) to the focus issue by 11 January 2022.
The submissions to the focus issue will be peer reviewed (not by the Challenge organizers) in the normal way, and accepted articles will be published in mid 2022.

Best,

Gari, Nadi and Matt
(On behalf of the Challenge team.)

https://PhysioNetChallenges.org/
https://PhysioNet.org/

Please post questions and comments in the forum. However, if your question reveals information about your entry, then please email challenge at physionet.org. We may post parts of our reply publicly if we feel that all Challengers should benefit from it. We will not answer emails about the Challenge to any other address. This email is maintained by a group. Please do not email us individually.

Santiago Jiménez

Nov 17, 2021, 12:35:25 PM11/17/21
to physionet-challenges
Dear Physionet challenge organizers,

First, thanks for your effort giving us the opportunity for the new evaluation and the special issue organization.
However, since the deadline for the final paper is 11 January'22, performing the final tests, and write the preprint by 1 December 2021 could be a headache for some challengers.
Are you planning to extend some more weeks the deadline for the code and pre-print submission? We will be really greatfull about that.

Thanks in advance for your response.
Best,
S. Jiménez

El dia dimarts, 26 d’octubre de 2021 a les 4:24:14 UTC+2, PhysioNet Challenge va escriure:

PhysioNet Challenge

Nov 17, 2021, 12:37:02 PM11/17/21
to physionet-challenges
Dear Santiago,

It is likely we will be able extend the deadline for the focus issue, depending on the number of submissions that are made.

We had hoped that teams would be ready to submit their updated code by the end of this month, since it is over two months after the original submission date, but we will consider requests for extensions for the preprint and code submission.

Please let us know what timeline is possible for you and we will communicate with the journal to request an extension if it is reasonable.

Best,

Matt
(On behalf of the Challenge team.)

https://PhysioNetChallenges.org/
https://PhysioNet.org/

Please post questions and comments in the forum. However, if your question reveals information about your entry, then please email challenge at physionet.org. We may post parts of our reply publicly if we feel that all Challengers should benefit from it. We will not answer emails about the Challenge to any other address. This email is maintained by a group. Please do not email us individually.

PhysioNet Challenge

Nov 26, 2021, 2:54:37 PM11/26/21
to physionet-challenges
Dear Challengers,

We have received a few more questions about our offer to score and rank your code again on the 2021 Challenge test data in support of the Physiological Measurement focus collection. We have extended the deadline, and we have increased the run times for your entries. Please read further for details and links.

We are offering to score your code on the 2021 Challenge test data to support submissions to the Physiological Measurement focus collection on Classification of Multilead ECGs:
https://iopscience.iop.org/journal/0967-3334/page/Classification_Multilead_ECGs

You can submit any paper about classifying multilead ECGs to the focus collection. You do not need to submit code to us to submit a paper to the focus collection. You do not need to have participated in, or have written a paper directly about, the 2020 Challenge or 2021 Challenge.

The deadline for submitting your code and a preprint of your paper to us is 15 December 2021, which we have extended from 1 December 2021 due to requests from many teams. The deadline for submitting your paper to the focus collection is 11 January 2022.

To receive a score on the 2021 Challenge test data, please submit your code (both training and test code) and a full-length (8+ pages) preprint here:
https://forms.gle/9sd8JCgAWPvvU6ES9

To support these articles, we will double the allowed run times for both training and testing when we run your code, but the computational resources and constraints will be otherwise the same, including the requirements for working training code. If you are concerned about resource constraints, then please contact us.

Please include your preprint in your code repository. We will not run your code without an acceptable preprint that describes your approach and your agreement to submit your paper to the focus collection. Physiological Measurement provides templates that you can use, but you are not required to use them to submit your paper:
https://publishingsupport.iopscience.iop.org/journals/physiological-measurement/