Prediction generating procedure

Dávid Gajdoš

May 6, 2021, 11:19:48 AM5/6/21
to physionet-challenges
Dear Physionet Challenge Team,

Whereas the testing and evaluation code is currently in a phase of changes, we have noticed that test_model.py script is working in an iterative mode (processing single record at a time one by one).

As many teams are using neural networks, this “mode” is not very effective and implementing the batch processing could greatly reduce evaluation times and both teams and organisers could benefit from this change.

PhysioNet Challenge

May 6, 2021, 11:22:17 AM5/6/21
to physionet-challenges
Dear Dávid,

Yes, the test_model script runs your model on one recording at a time. We intentionally designed this script in this way to be more realistic because we typically need to read ECGs as they come.

If you would like to use batch processing for debugging, model development, etc., then you are more than welcome to do so, but please submit code that works iteratively. We have found that training takes much longer than testing for most teams, and you can write your training code however you would like.

Best,
Matt
(On behalf of the Challenge team)

https://PhysioNetChallenges.org/
https://PhysioNet.org/

Please post questions and comments in the forum. However, if your question reveals information about your entry, then please email challenge at physionet.org. We may post parts of our reply publicly if we feel that all Challengers should benefit from it. We will not answer emails about the Challenge to any other address. This email is maintained by a group. Please do not email us individually.