Submissions now accepted for the PhysioNet/Computing in Cardiology Challenge 2021

PhysioNet Challenge

Jan 30, 2021, 12:38:43 PM1/30/21
to physionet-challenges
Dear Challengers,

We are delighted to announce that we are now accepting submissions for the PhysioNet/Computing in Cardiology Challenge 2021:“Will Two Do? Varying Dimensions in Electrocardiography”, funded by the NIH and co-sponsored by the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, Google and MathWorks.

Following last year’s event, we are challenging the research community and industry to classify a large range of cardiac abnormalities using electrocardiograms (ECGs) with varying numbers of leads/channels. The aim is to determine “how low we can go” — i.e., how many channels of data do we need to make an accurate diagnosis? Do two-lead, three-lead, or six-lead ECGs have the same diagnostic potential as the standard twelve-lead ECG?

For the Challenge, we have shared over 45,000 recordings from China, Europe, Russia and the USA, representing the world's largest and most diverse set of publicly available ECG data. A similar amount of data has been completely hidden for the organizers to test the competitors' algorithms using Google Cloud. We have also introduced a non-traditional evaluation metric that reflects the errors of different misdiagnoses.

Due to the generosity of the sponsors, we are able to offer several prizes worth several thousand dollars, as well as cloud computing credits.

For more information and rules, see https://physionetchallenges.org/2021/ and below. Please note that you *must* re-register for this Challenge (using the link below) even if you competed last year and have no team changes. Please also note the deadlines. At least one entry must be received before April 9th, and an abstract describing preliminary results must be submitted about one week later. See the website for all key dates.

Many thanks again for your continued support of this event, and we hope that you enjoy the 2021 Challenge!

Best,
Gari, Matt, Nadi and all the team at PhysioNet

Quick links for this year's Challenge:
- Registration form
- Public discussion forum
- Rules and deadlines