PhysioNet Challenge 2023: EEG and ECG data available?

PhysioNet Challenge

Mar 8, 2023, 10:47:43 PM3/8/23
to physionet-challenges
Dear Challengers,

One of the participants asked if both EEG and ECG data were available for the patients for the PhysioNet Challenge 2023.

This is a very good question, but we did not post the full message because it suggested potential approaches, and we want to preserve the diversity of approaches to the Challenge.

For the answer, we only provided EEG data for the unofficial phase, but we hope to provide updated EEG data and some ECG data for the official phase -- whether and how to use these data will be up to you.

Best,
Matt
(On behalf of the Challenge team.)

P.S.: Thank you for your many questions and comments, which are extremely helpful for improving the Challenge. When you post, you may not immediately see your post because we manually release posts to the Challenge forum to avoid junk mail (ads, phishing attempts, etc.) that became a problem a few years ago. In some cases, we combine repeated or related questions or follow-up with someone directly if the post reveals too much information about their approach, is confusing to us, is not relevant to the other teams, etc.

Please post questions and comments in the forum. However, if your question reveals information about your entry, then please email info at physionetchallenge.org. We may post parts of our reply publicly if we feel that all Challengers should benefit from it. We will not answer emails about the Challenge to any other address. This email is maintained by a group. Please do not email us individually.

MarcG97

Mar 13, 2023, 2:56:27 PM3/13/23
to physionet-challenges
Thank You for the answer,

can You estimate the quantity of ECG recordings? Will there be ECGs for every patient, or at least for every subject in the test data set? And will the ECGs be at the same times as the EEG recordings (best 5 minutes of EEG) or at independent timesteps?

With kind regards
Marc

PhysioNet Challenge

Mar 13, 2023, 2:57:15 PM3/13/23
to physionet-challenges
Dear Marc,

The quantity of the ECG recordings will depend on the data source and the different data collection practices from the different data sources, but I would not expect an ECG recording for every patient. We will share more about the ECGs when we update the data for the official phase.