Deadline for official phase approaching, and choosing an entry for evaluation on the test data

PhysioNet Challenge

Aug 12, 2021, 11:47:36 AM8/12/21
to physionet-challenges
Dear Challengers,

As a quick reminder, the official phase of this year’s Challenge ends on 15 August 2021 at 11:59pm GMT.

We typically receive hundreds of submissions in the days before deadlines. We are truly thankful for your enthusiasm, but the overwhelming number of submissions that we receive over a short period of time unfortunately limits our ability to debug your code or update you on the exact progress of your code. If your team is just now making your first submission, or if your team is switching to new packages or libraries, then we unfortunately may not be able to help you debug your code in time, so please double check your code before submitting it. Out of fairness to all teams, we do not allow submissions, including bug fixes, after the deadline.

We will share your scores with you as we process your submissions, and you will most likely receive your scores by the end of next week.

During the official phase of the Challenge, we evaluate your entries on the validation data, and after the official phase, we evaluate one entry from each team on the test data. When your team is ready, please complete this form to choose a successful entry from the official phase for evaluation on the test data:
https://forms.gle/X2bk6k15iZpxvhC67

Your chosen entry does not need to be your highest scoring entry or your most recent successful entry. It can be any entry from the official phase of the Challenge that we have successfully evaluated on the validation data. It does not count against your limit for the number of official phase entries.

Please complete this form no later than 11:59pm GMT on 22 August 2021, i.e., one week after the official phase deadline. If we are still processing your entries as the deadline approaches, then we may extend it. If you do not complete this form, then we will evaluate your highest-scoring entry from the official phase by default.

We will share a more detailed update in the coming days with details about the conference and your preprints and presentations. For now, we wish you the best of luck in the last days of the official phase and thank you for your enthusiasm and patience as the deadline approaches.

Best,
Matt
(On behalf of the Challenge team)

https://PhysioNetChallenges.org/
https://PhysioNet.org/

Please post questions and comments in the forum. However, if your question reveals information about your entry, then please email challenge at physionet.org. We may post parts of our reply publicly if we feel that all Challengers should benefit from it. We will not answer emails about the Challenge to any other address. This email is maintained by a group. Please do not email us individually.