questions about challenge

Kaming l

Mar 16, 2022, 12:47:04 PM3/16/22
to physionet-challenges
Dear  Dear PhysioNet team,
  I would like to know if after submitting a model in the unofficial stage,  will some teams get eliminated before going to the official stage?  In addition to the officially provided code files, can we create new code files and submit them together when submitting the model

PhysioNet Challenge

Mar 16, 2022, 12:55:07 PM3/16/22
to physionet-challenges
Dear Kaming,

We do not eliminate teams after the unofficial phase of the Challenge. The unofficial phase is helpful both to the teams and to the organizers to explore and develop the Challenge, and we do not require that teams perform well during the unofficial phase to progress to the official phase.

For ranking and prize eligibility, we do require that teams submit a working entry during the unofficial phase because participation in the unofficial phase helps us to improve the Challenge for the official phase. We also require teams to submit a successful abstract to CinC shortly after the unofficial phase:
https://physionetchallenges.org/2022/#rules

You can create new code files. The example code provides an example of working code, but you can and should change it for your entry. We do not allow teams to make some changes so that we can run all of the entries in a consistent way, but the example code documents what you can and cannot change:
https://github.com/physionetchallenges/matlab-classifier-2022
https://github.com/physionetchallenges/python-classifier-2022

Best,
Matt
(On behalf of the Challenge team.)

https://PhysioNetChallenges.org/
https://PhysioNet.org/

Please post questions and comments in the forum. However, if your question reveals information about your entry, then please email challenge at physionet.org. We may post parts of our reply publicly if we feel that all Challengers should benefit from it. We will not answer emails about the Challenge to any other address. This email is maintained by a group. Please do not email us individually.