Phyre2 doesn't include the model with highest % I.D

Rice signaling lab

May 29, 2018, 6:03:36 PM5/29/18
to Phyre
Dear Dr. Kelley,

I modeled one of the rice proteins in the intensive mode. I was very happy with the model because it looked like its Arabidopsis counter part, which has 80% I.D.. On close observation, I found that the server has chosen 6 other proteins which have only 32-41% I.D. but it has ignored the Arabidopsis model that has highest similarity. Is there any specific reason behind that? Is there a way that we can manually select the known models to consider?

Thanks in advance!

Akshay

David Warhurst

Jun 4, 2018, 7:37:47 AM6/4/18
to akbi...@gmail.com, Phyre

Yes use expert mode and one to one threading, you will need to use the correct 4-character RCSB code for the structure you want as the template (ie , take the c off the front in the template list)

David Warhurst

Image removed by sender.Image removed by sender.Image removed by sender.