Missing residues in structure prediction

matthew...@uconn.edu

Dec 13, 2018, 8:33:59 PM12/13/18
to Phyre
I ran a batch of protein predictions on some DNA polymerase subunits. When I checked the results, most of the structures were missing a stretch of amino acids (See attachment for an example that jumps from residue 31-61). Is this normal behaviour for Phyre? I would have assumed that every amino acid would be represented in the output structure. Is there any way to mandate the simulation to return a complete and contiguous structure?
DPOA_SCHPO.pdb

David Warhurst

Dec 15, 2018, 6:44:48 AM12/15/18
to matthew...@uconn.edu, Phyre

I haven’t any experience of this happening, if valid it would be a serious problem, perhaps nucleotide numbers are being applied incorrectly.

David Warhurst

matthew...@uconn.edu

Dec 16, 2018, 5:02:22 PM12/16/18
to Phyre
Can I provide any information to help diagnose this phenomenon?