Automated script-based submissions

Lawrence Kelley

Sep 20, 2019, 6:36:52 AM9/20/19
to Phyre
Hi all,

I need to clarify something about the policy that I use regarding automated submissions to the Phyre server.
I've just had an email conversation with a user wishing to automatically submit sequences to the server using a script. This is NOT permitted and will result in a ban.

The batch facility was designed so people could submit large jobs and these jobs would be equally distributed so all users get equal time.

PRINCIPLE: All users are equal

Any scripting process to automatically submit proteins implicitly violates this principle.

This service is intended to be freely available to all users in the world, with everyone getting equal time.

If you do something that will in any way give you more 'privilege' over others, I will have to ban it.

I hope you understand.