Re: PhyloPhlan dev. version error

Nicola Segata

Mar 19, 2017, 6:19:40 PM3/19/17
to Naseer Sangwan, phylophl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Naseer, I'm forwarding your problem to the PhyloPhlAn group. It would be helpful if you provide the complete command you run...

thanks
Nicola

On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 7:05 PM Naseer Sangwan <nikki101...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Nicola,

I hope you are doing well

I was trying to run the dev version of PhyloPhlan on my dataset with --faa_cleaning, it ran the userach step but showed error at muscle step, here is the error

All usearch runs performed!
Mapping finished in 2182 secs.
There are 400 proteins to align
[e] Quitting PhyloPhlAn [muscle error]
Exiting...

the installed muscle version is

MUSCLE v3.8.1551 by Robert C. Edgar

Please help to correct this asap

Thanks

Naseer

--
Resident Research Associate

Argonne National Laboratory
9700 Cass Ave,
Lemont, IL 60439
Office: (630) -854-7656
Email: nikki101...@gmail.com
Web page: http://gilbertlab.com/people/

Francesco Asnicar

Mar 28, 2017, 3:34:40 PM3/28/17
to phylophl...@googlegroups.com, Naseer Sangwan
Hello Naseer,
can you provide the complete command you used? And, it was the first time you ran PhyloPhlAn on that input? Because, if it wasn't, there could maybe some temporary files that are causing the crash. In this case, you just need to run "phylophlan.py -c project_name to clean all the temporary files and then start a new fresh execution.

Many thanks and sorry for not having answered you earlier,
Francesco