Running example error: ValueError: max() arg is an empty sequence

梅然

Apr 12, 2016, 6:14:28 PM4/12/16
to PhyloPhlAn-users
Hi all,

I was running the example dataset and encountered the error message:

Tree building finished in 1 secs (284 total time).

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "./taxcuration/tree_reroot.py", line 43, in <module>

    tree.reroot( strategy = args['s'], tf = args['f'], n = args['n']) # , name = args['name'] )

  File "/Users/RAN/Desktop/Oo/phylophlan/taxcuration/pyphlan.py", line 658, in reroot

    longest = max( nodes, key=lambda x:x.branch_length

ValueError: max() arg is an empty sequence

The tree in output was empty. I have reinstalled dependancies, cleaned old data files and re-ran the command but still got the error. Dose anyone have idea on this bug?

Thanks in advance.

Ran

Francesco Asnicar

Apr 13, 2016, 3:02:20 AM4/13/16
to phylophl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ran,

I noticed that you're running PhyloPhlAn on a Mac system. We developed
PhyloPhlAn on Linux system, can you try to run it on a Linux system?

Many thanks,
Francesco

Jagadeeshwari Uppada

Nov 4, 2019, 6:18:01 AM11/4/19
to PhyloPhlAn-users
Hi even am facing the same issue

"traceback (most recent call last):File "./taxcuration/tree_reroot.py", line 43, in <module>tree.reroot( strategy = args['s'], tf = args['f'], n = args['n']) # , name = args['name'] )File "/home/genomestation/phylophlan/taxcuration/pyphlan.py", line 651, in rerootlongest = max( nodes, key=lambda x:x.branch_length )ValueError: max() arg is an empty sequence"

I am using ubuntu. Could you please guide us