File "./phylophlan.py", line 393 except OSError, e:^ SyntaxError: invalid syn

hilbert.h...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2018, 11:33:00 AM6/27/18
to PhyloPhlAn-users

Hello everyone,

I hope somebody can help me with this problem. I'm actually executing just "phylophlan.py -h" and I have no result show on the linux console.I have installed all dependencies without any problem. I just can see the following lines:

User@user:~/Phylophlan$ ./phylophlan.py -h

  File "./phylophlan.py", line 393
    except OSError, e:
                  ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Thanks a lot,

Gil

Francesco Asnicar

Jun 28, 2018, 6:46:15 AM6/28/18
to phylophl...@googlegroups.com
Hello Gil,

Can you please verify which version of Python you have when executing "/usr/bin/env python"?
PhyloPhlAn works with Python2 and recent systems have Python3 as default.

In case this is not the problem causing the error, can you please provide the full output of PhyloPhlAn?

Many thanks,
Francesco

Konstantina Mitsi

Feb 17, 2020, 6:55:24 AM2/17/20
to PhyloPhlAn-users
Hello!
I use pyenv to change among python versions. I have activated Python 2.7.17 but I am getting the same error. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Kons

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 5:33 PM <hilbert....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I hope somebody can help me with this problem. I'm actually executing just "phylophlan.py -h" and I have no result show on the linux console.I have installed all dependencies without any problem. I just can see the following lines:

User@user:~/Phylophlan$ ./phylophlan.py -h

  File "./phylophlan.py", line 393
    except OSError, e:
                  ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Thanks a lot,

Gil

Konstantina Mitsi

Feb 17, 2020, 7:01:43 AM2/17/20
to PhyloPhlAn-users
So! Hello again!
Problem solved!
pyenv is not compatible with the ppa2 conda environment but it makes the trick for the bitbucket repository installation.
Cheers!
Kons