quarnetGoFtest! Error

Yasuto ISHII

Jul 15, 2022, 12:19:21 PM7/15/22
to PhyloNetworks users
Dear Solis-Lemus and Ane,

I ran quarnetGoFtest! function to get the support for my networks,
but it terminated with an error.
My data are ddRAD-seq data,
so I calculated CF tables via SNPs2CF R package.
The raw CF table of SNPs2CF cannot import, so
1) I removed 4 columns named *_lo and *_hi
2) I selected one row (CFs) per one four-taxon set randomly
The modified CF table seems to be the same as the one shown in the tutorial
The error (error.txt), the CF table (csv file) and the script (quarnetGoFtest.jl) to run quarnetGoFtest! function are attached.

Sincerely,
Yasuto
CF_n20_pn_20220708_forFitTest2_forTest.csv
quarnetGoFtest.jl
error.txt

Yasuto ISHII

Jul 17, 2022, 7:33:52 AM7/17/22
to PhyloNetworks users
Hi all,

It seems to run correctly
after  I removed the integers after the right parentheses from .network or .out file.

Alternatively, I faced a warning.
The warning is:
┌ Warning: The simulated z values are far from 0 and they shouldn't:
│ with a mean of 1.8119 and a standard deviation of 4.3311.
│ The network might be in a form that causes a bug in the hybrid-Lambda simulator
│ (perhaps related to this: https://github.com/hybridLambda/hybrid-Lambda/issues/36).
└ @ QuartetNetworkGoodnessFit ~/.julia/packages/QuartetNetworkGoodnessFit/NhwsJ/src/quarnetGoF.jl:253
How can I determine whether it is a bug or not?

Best regards,
Yasuto

2022年7月16日土曜日 1:19:21 UTC+9 Yasuto ISHII:

Cécile Ané

Jul 17, 2022, 10:43:43 AM7/17/22
to PhyloNetworks users
Hi Yasuto,
Version 0.15.0 of PhyloNetworks should have fixed the issue you encountered with HybridLambda, which bugs if the phylogeny has bootstrap values as internal node names.

For the warning: this warning can happen if you tried a short trial run with a handful of simulations only (like nsim=3 in the example). But if you get this warning with more simulations, then this is a serious issue. I think it's a signal that HybridLambda has a hidden bug on your phylogeny, unfortunately.
Cecile.

Yasuto ISHII

Jul 17, 2022, 11:13:02 AM7/17/22
to PhyloNetworks users
Dear Cecile,

I ran the function with nsim = 1000 as recommended in the tutorial.
The script is:
res = quarnetGoFtest!(net, qCF, false; seed=1, nsim=1000)
I will quit using the test.

Then, I am wondering how I can determine the optimal No of reticulation?
Some authors (eg., Olave et al. 2020; Karimi et al. 2020) determined the number whose loglikelihood is lowest;
others (eg., Esquerre et al. 2022) adopted the number that improves loglikelihood the most.
My reticulation number-loglikelihood plot is attached.

Best regards,
Yasuto

2022年7月17日日曜日 23:43:43 UTC+9 Cécile Ané:
loglik.png