-loglik 0.0 doubts

AT

Apr 18, 2024, 9:52:55 AMApr 18
to PhyloNetworks users

Dear Solís-Lemus and Ané,

I have used SNaQ several times for my studies, and everything works great. However, I have noticed that sometimes I get a -loglik value of 0.0, and I would like to understand why this is happening and if it indicates that I am doing something wrong (Although the log files don't show any warnings or errors).

Thank you.

Best regards,

Alicia

Cécile Ané

Apr 18, 2024, 10:18:44 AMApr 18
to PhyloNetworks users
A score of 0 means that your network (with branch lengths and inheritance γ's) fits your data perfectly. This is more likely to happen with small networks (few taxa). More on what the score means is on the documentation: http://crsl4.github.io/PhyloNetworks.jl/latest/man/fixednetworkoptim/#Optimizing-parameters-for-a-given-network

AT

Apr 18, 2024, 12:43:18 PMApr 18
to PhyloNetworks users
I really appreciate your answer!

I read this paragraph, but I was surprised by this sudden parameter change. (Please see attached.)

Thank you!

Best
Rplot013_network.pdf