Pulling depth information out of Phy

Brenna Shortal

Nov 25, 2020, 2:32:59 PM11/25/20
to phy-users
Hello Phy Users,

I am using KiloSort from https://github.com/madeleinea/KilosortPLX and Phy from https://github.com/cortex-lab/phy on a Windows 10 machine. I am having some trouble with identifying the channel index associated with each unit. In the Phy GUI, the depth variable in ClusterView is always correct, and I can see that the channel at that depth is the one where the unit is largest in WaveformView. However, when I use the PostKiloSort MATLAB scripts to find the channel most closely associated with each unit, it is off by one sometimes.

The MATLAB scripts use the template values associated with the unit and chooses the channel with the highest template value. This is output gives the same channel as Phy most of the time, but sometimes it is off by one, like I mentioned above.

Does anyone know how to access the depth information in Phy through MATLAB?

Thank you for any help!

Brenna