deleting single spikes

Jose Guzman

Sep 10, 2019, 9:14:05 AM9/10/19
to phy-users
Hi everyone,

I am interested in deleting erroneously assigned spikes -  artifacts. For that, I usually delete the cluster id form spike_clusters.npy together with the corresponding spike event described in spike_times.npy. I was wondering how to access these arrays from a phy plugging, so that I can have updated Views in phy.

Thanks

Jose

Cyrille Rossant

Sep 10, 2019, 9:33:07 AM9/10/19
to Jose Guzman, phy-users
Hello
phy does not support spike deletion at the moment. Removing spikes from these 2 arrays may result in many errors as there would be inconsistency with all the other arrays.
One workaround would be to assign a special cluster to all deleted spikes, and put this cluster in the "noise" group.
If the problem is that this noise cluster still appears in some views whereas you'd like it not to, I'd suggest to open an issue on GitHub.
Thanks,
Cyrille

Jose Guzman

Sep 10, 2019, 9:50:41 AM9/10/19
to phy-users
Hi Cyrille,
One workaround would be to assign a special cluster to all deleted spikes, and put this cluster in the "noise" group.

It sounds like the right thing to do! Would you be so kind as to indicate me briefly how to create and modify the clusters within the IPythonView or in a script. When I try:

from phy.cluster.manual import Clustering

It returns:

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'phy.cluster.manual'

Cyrille Rossant

Sep 10, 2019, 10:19:13 AM9/10/19
to Jose Guzman, phy-users

It sounds like the right thing to do! Would you be so kind as to indicate me briefly how to create and modify the clusters within the IPythonView or in a script. When I try:

from phy.cluster.manual import Clustering

It returns:

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'phy.cluster.manual'

try this instead:

from phy.cluster import Clustering