redmine git repository browsing problem with passenger

rb

Jul 18, 2008, 7:50:11 AM7/18/08
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Hi!

I have installed redmine to handle a git project. I have alredy
deployed several redmines in this config, but ran the app with mongrel
or even webrick.
Now I try to run it with passenger/mod_rails and encounter a problem:
the url /repositories/show/myproject lists the last commits, but
doesn't show the repository browser.

Running the same installation with webrick, under the user redmine
used by passenger to run the app, I get the repository browser
displayed.

Anyone encountered this problem? Any hint as to which settings I
should take a look for directory access from Apache? (though the
redmine user has full access to the directory. It seems to come from
Apache)

Thanks in advance for your help

Raph

PS: I also sent a message to the redmien forum:
http://www.redmine.org/boards/2/topics/show/1713

Rhett Sutphin

Jul 18, 2008, 8:48:04 AM7/18/08
to phusion-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Jul 18, 2008, at 6:50 AM, rb wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have installed redmine to handle a git project. I have alredy
> deployed several redmines in this config, but ran the app with mongrel
> or even webrick.
> Now I try to run it with passenger/mod_rails and encounter a problem:
> the url /repositories/show/myproject lists the last commits, but
> doesn't show the repository browser.
>
> Running the same installation with webrick, under the user redmine
> used by passenger to run the app, I get the repository browser
> displayed.

I can't quite tell from your description, but just in case -- have you
considered this?

http://modrails.com/documentation/Users%20guide.html#user_switching

That is, does the redmine user own redmine's config/environment.rb?

Rhett

rb

Jul 18, 2008, 9:32:57 AM7/18/08

On Jul 18, 2:48 pm, Rhett Sutphin <rhett.sutp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Jul 18, 2008, at 6:50 AM, rb wrote:
>

> > Hi!
>
> > I have installed redmine to handle a git project. I have alredy
> > deployed several redmines in this config, but ran the app with mongrel
> > or even webrick.
> > Now I try to run it with passenger/mod_rails and encounter a problem:
> > the url /repositories/show/myproject lists the last commits, but
> > doesn't show the repository browser.
>
> > Running the same installation with webrick, under the user redmine
> > used by passenger to run the app, I get the repository browser
> > displayed.
>
> I can't quite tell from your description, but just in case -- have you
> considered this?
>
> http://modrails.com/documentation/Users%20guide.html#user_switching
>
> That is, does the redmine user own redmine's config/environment.rb?

Hi Rhett,

thanks for the hint, but I had already looked at it:
ls -l config/environment.rb
-rw-r--r-- 1 redmine redmine 3683 2008-07-17 17:17 config/
environment.rb

I agree my description is rather vague, because I don't see where the
problem is coming from :(

Will update you if I get infor from redmine devs.

Cheers

RAph

rb

Jul 31, 2008, 5:24:29 AM7/31/08
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
FYI, the problem was that redmine didn't find the git executable. I
have installed git in /usr/local/git.
The git module for redmine has a variable GIT_BIN with value 'git.
Setting the value to /usr/local/git/bin/git solved the problem.
This var is in lib/redmine/scm/adapters/git_adapter.rb

In the hope it can be useful to others.

Raph