How to configure Archive in Collection task?

Kurt Mehlhoff

Mar 22, 2024, 12:33:20 PMMar 22
to phrasea-install-en
I tried to upload a file larger than 2GB and it failed. It looks like the solution to this problem is to create a hotfolder and configure an "archive in collection" task to monitor the folder for new files which are then ingested.

I did that. I created a folder on my host system: ~kurt/Phraseanet/datas/upload.

I configured a new archive in collection task and specified the hot folder as /var/alchemy/Phraseanet/datas/upload. I checked the following three boxes:

Move unarchived file to _error
Copy '.phrasea.xml' and 'groupin.xml' files to _archive
Delete repositories when archiving is done

I then tried starting the task and dropping some files in this folder.

This appears to have no effect.
I noticed that none of the dot files were copied in here and I saw a note saying that for security reasons I'd have to create an empty .phrasea.xml file. Not sure what this has to do with security, but I went ahead and created the empty file in the upload dir. No changes noticed.
I restarted my app, also no effect.

I looked in the my logs directory and I don't see any mention of my upload dir or the archive task.

I am running the Docker version of Phraseanet and I think the version is 4.1.7. At least that is what I see on the docker container names listed in "docker ps". Is there a way to see the version in the app somewhere?

Anyway, my host's ~kurt/Phraseanet directory is mapped to the containers as a volume available at /var/alchemy/Phraseanet and I can see this when accessing the console for the worker-1 container.

Can someone explain what should be done here?

Thanks.