Welcome

Phil

Sep 2, 2008, 1:23:23 PM9/2/08
to phptk
about how to use the Toolkit utilities, please post them here.

The home page for checking status and downloading the Toolkit is here:

http://web.fastermac.net/~MacPgmr/PhpTk/PhpTkStatus.html

Have fun!

Thanks.

-Phil
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

DonaldShimoda

Sep 10, 2008, 12:31:19 PM9/10/08
to phptk
Hi,
Phil that is very impressive. I will check that in a few days. Great
work! Theres any please to enhance conversions and modify source code?

TIA

Phil

Sep 10, 2008, 1:06:10 PM9/10/08
to phptk
> Phil that is very impressive. I will check that in a few days. Great
> work! Theres any please to enhance conversions and modify source code?

Hi Donald,

I'm not sure if I understand your question. Are you asking about
enhancing the source yourself? The modified LGPL license for the PHP
Toolkit is like that of Free Pascal. You can change the source and
link it into your own programs as long as you make your changes to the
Toolkit source publicly available. However, you don't have to make the
source of your app available - that's the "modified" part.

If you look at the to-do list at the end of PhpTkStatus.html you'll
see some ideas of things I want to add to the toollkit. Do you have
anything particular in mind that you need?

Thanks.

-Phil

DonaldShimoda

Sep 10, 2008, 1:13:49 PM9/10/08
to phptk
Hi Phil,
Actually i mind how to colaborate qith the projects, i dont plan to
steal the code, btw. :P

Ok, i will check the todo list, can be great if the todo list is
organizated like a dynamic list (maybe a db with php) ;)

I want to know how many people knows of your work, is amazing i find
it just for casuality.

BTW, im publishing in my blog, who is showed in delphifeeds, so many
delphi developers will know, rigth know. :)

Best regards.

JB

Sep 19, 2008, 1:25:47 PM9/19/08
to phptk
Hi Phil,

I am very exited about your project. Keep it up and if you need
anything to help, please contact me.

Best Regards - JB (from South Africa)

Phil

Sep 21, 2008, 2:20:13 PM9/21/08
to phptk
JB,

Feel free to indicate which part of the Toolkit you're most interested
in. There are really 3 different pieces:

- Converter
- Configuring Lazarus as VCL for PHP IDE
- Pascal extensions

Anyone else who has a particular interest in one or more of these
areas, please comment.

For example, here's an idea of a way to improve the use of Lazarus as
a VCL for PHP IDE: Since the VCL for PHP components have additional
properties that are not present in the VCL/LCL components that they
resemble, there's no way to set them in a Pascal form. Examples would
be the Link, LinkTarget and Style properties of the Label component -
these don't really make sense for the standard VCL/LCL TLabel. However
it would be easy to create descendants of TCustomLabel and other
controls that have these additional properties, allowing you to set
the properties in the Pascal form and thus converting them to VCL for
PHP. At the same time many of the VCL/LCL properties that don't
correspond to anything in VCL for PHP could be hidden (not published),
thus reducing the list of properties that you have to worry about.

Thanks.

-Phil