inheritance and soap

1 view

flo

Oct 3, 2008, 3:58:03 PM10/3/08
to phpsoa
I just ran into a problem with my soap connection. Server is java6 and
client is php5.

Everything works fine, but as soon as i work with a hierarchical
structure of objects i get the problem that subclasses are lost.
Following example shows a simple setup:

Classes:
class a
class b extends a
class c extends a
class d extends a

Via soap i send an array of a. On the client side b, c and d are lost
now. Is there a way to keep subclasses?

Thanks,
flo

Thomy Berlin

Oct 4, 2008, 3:09:16 PM10/4/08
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi Flo

i'm not an expert here on the list - but why should the client know about b,c and d if you only send an array of a ?

or did I mist something ... ?

regards
JBScout

Graham Charters

Oct 10, 2008, 4:56:27 PM10/10/08
to phpsoa
Hi Flo,

Are you using SCA on the client side? Could you post a small sample
which demonstrates the problem and I'll take a look?

Regards, Graham.