How is the SDO development and when is it supposed to become stable?

Bruno Reis

Nov 12, 2008, 2:47:39 PM11/12/08
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm facing some design decisions on a new project now that puts me
towards something like SDO, but being it an experimental extension,
it's hard to bet on it. May anyone tell me please, how is the SDO
development going and when is it supposed to become stable?

Thanks,
Bruno

Caroline Maynard

Nov 14, 2008, 12:15:12 PM11/14/08
to php...@googlegroups.com
Bruno Reis wrote:

Bruno, I'm wondering if you really mean SDO here, or the entire SCA_SDO
package. The SDO extension >is< marked stable - perhaps a bit too stable
for some :-(. But if you want to use SCA, then that has not been marked
stable because the interfaces have sometimes changed from one release to
the next, and it seemed too soon to burden developers with mandatory
backward compatibility. Both parts are getting little active development
at present, but we do try to fix bugs.

Bruno Reis

Nov 16, 2008, 7:44:35 AM11/16/08
to php...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Caroline,

This toll is what I was needing for my work. Congratulations for the
well done work until now. It is sure a good toll for the php comunity.

When was it marked stable?
Is there a good didatic tutorial or docs you would suggest?

Thks again,
Bruno

Caroline Maynard

Nov 24, 2008, 10:21:29 AM11/24/08
to php...@googlegroups.com

See http://pecl.php.net/package/SCA_SDO - the 1.0.0 release on 2006-03-01

> Is there a good didatic tutorial or docs you would suggest?

Many of the information sources are shamefully out of date. I think
http://www.osoa.org/display/PHP is probably the best place to start.