comment

jason hirsh

Mar 25, 2011, 12:03:21 PM3/25/11
to phpsli...@googlegroups.com
Can any one provide me with a way I can encode the comment in the jpeg??    Lightroom does not have a EXIF element like that it does have CAPTION.  I understand that EXIF is a non standardized mess.. but would like to find a way to only edit a jpeg once during entry into my library

BandonRandon

Mar 27, 2011, 6:03:45 AM3/27/11
to PHPSlideShow by zinkwazi.com
I did a quick search and it apears that "usercomment" isn't offically
suported by EXIF. You might be able to re-write PHPSlideshow to work
with IPTC or another supported type that lightroom is friends with.
I've never used the EXIF function of the slideshow myself.

itproxy

Mar 27, 2011, 11:23:38 AM3/27/11
to PHPSlideShow by zinkwazi.com
There are any number of freeware utilities available on the internet -
just google 'jpg comment' - though I can't vouch for any of them.
However, the generally excellent image manager 'Irfanview' (free for
non-commercial use) - http://download.cnet.com/IrfanView/3000-2192-10021962.html?part=dl-IrfanView&subj=dl&tag=button
- has an jpg comment editing feature, which works OK - I've used it.
The jpg 'comment' field has nothing to do with the EXIF capability per
se, being a separate field in the jpg file structure (hence the
<EXIF_COMMENT> 'tag' is a bit of a misnomer).