Pics.txt

madon5

Feb 15, 2012, 2:21:31 PM2/15/12
to PHPSlideShow by zinkwazi.com, maddog...@verizon.net
I'm a newbie, I've got the slide show on my web site, and it's working
fine. The problem is when I try to add the pics.txt file to my site,
it only shows the pics I list and I put a description in for. Do all
of the pictures in the directory have to be entered into the pics.txt
file? I would also like to have the picture descrition show in a
larger font because it's almost too small to read, and it looks faded
like it's hidden.
Here's is my site and my pics.txt file

http://www.bluestonebluegrass.com/images/PHPSlideshow/phpslideshow.php

bluap08.jpg;AppleFestival
bluap082.jpg;Apple Festival
bluesto2.jpg;Album Cover
bluesto5.jpg;One We Did Not Use
Blueston.jpg;Arcadia Concert

BandonRandon

Feb 16, 2012, 11:03:15 AM2/16/12
to PHPSlideShow by zinkwazi.com
"Do all of the pictures in the directory have to be entered into the
pics.txt file?"
Short answer, yes.
Long answer yes, but you can list them without having a description by
doing something like this:
bluap08.jpg;AppleFestival
bluap082.jpg;
bluesto2.jpg;
bluestomadeup.jpg;Description

You could also use php readdir to get php to list all the files (see
http://www.laughing-buddha.net/php/dirlist)

"I would also like to have the picture descrition show in a larger
font because it's almost too small to read, and it looks faded like
it's hidden."
You'll need to add css to your template.html something like this:

then in your css
pic_title {font-size: 20px;
...}

madon5

Feb 16, 2012, 9:57:59 PM2/16/12
to PHPSlideShow by zinkwazi.com
Sorry for the dumb question, everything is working OK, thank you!

On Feb 16, 11:03 am, BandonRandon <bandonran...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Do all of the pictures in the directory have to be entered into the
> pics.txt file?"
> Short answer, yes.
> Long answer yes, but you can list them without having a description by
> doing something like this:
> bluap08.jpg;AppleFestival
> bluap082.jpg;
> bluesto2.jpg;
> bluestomadeup.jpg;Description
>
> You could also use php readdir to get php to list all the files (seehttp://www.laughing-buddha.net/php/dirlist)

madon5

Feb 18, 2012, 12:49:13 PM2/18/12
to PHPSlideShow by zinkwazi.com
Since I didn't know how to deal with problem I was having concerning
the pics.txt file, I downloaded an Exif editing program and added an
exif comment to each photo and it's working fine now without a
pics.txt file.
What do you think was happening when the pics.txt file would not work
right?