pics.txt

madon5

Feb 16, 2012, 9:31:34 AM2/16/12
to PHPSlideShow by zinkwazi.com
I know html, but I need some help with your program, I'm a newbie, and
I really like your PHP picture program.

When adding picture descriptions does every picture have to be listed
in the pics.txt file in order for all of them to be listed on site and
viewable?

How do I get thumbnails created, none are being shown?

How do I change the picture description font size and font color.

When you say add <META_REFRESH> in the <head> section of your html,
which html page are you talking about?

I'm using frames, so I'm thinking you mean this html page below?
<FRAME NAME="B" SRC="bluestone.html"> is the frame where the pictures
are displayed.

<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>Bluestone Bluegrass Rock Solid Traditional Music</TITLE>

<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="Bluestone,Bluegrass,Del
McCoury,traditional,contemporary,folk,country,banjo,guitar,fiddle,uprightbass,mandolin,dobro,Gospel,contemporary,new
group,blues,swing,Jimmy Martin,Gary Ferguson,Ciff Waldron,Jeff
Presley,music,entertainment">
<META NAME="description" CONTENT="Bluestone Bluegrass Music Web Site">
<META NAME="generator" CONTENT="Notepad">
<META NAME="author" CONTENT="Tom Neal">

</HEAD>
<BACKGROUND COLOR="blue">

<FRAMESET ROWS="17%,84%" BORDER="0">
<FRAME NAME="C" SRC="title.htm" MARGINHEIGHT="0%" SCROLLING="no">
<FRAMESET COLS="14%,86%" BORDER="0">
<FRAME NAME="A" SRC="leftframe.htm" SCROLLING="no">
<FRAME NAME="B" SRC="bluestone.html">
<NOFRAME>This document uses frames. If your browser does not support
frames, please view our <A HREF="bluestone.html">no frames version.</
A></NOFRAME>
</FRAMESET>
</FRAMESET>

</BODY>
</HTML>

Your help is greatly appreciated, and I will contribute if I can get
it tweaked, thanks for your answer, Tom Neal
web site is www.bluestonebluegrass.com/images/PHPSlideshow/phpslideshow.php
The above link will show the pictures without frames. The main site is
www.bluestonebluegrass.com and clicking on the Photos button will show
the pictures in the "B" Frame

BandonRandon

Feb 16, 2012, 11:06:08 AM2/16/12
to PHPSlideShow by zinkwazi.com
I answered your first questions in the first thread as I'm trying to
keep each thread on topic. I'll answer your slideshow questions here.

When you say add <META_REFRESH> in the <head> section of your html,
which html page are you talking about?

Using an Iframe you'll need to add the <Meta_refresh> tag to your
images/phpsideshow/template.html All the iframe is doing is displaying
that html into another window therefore that's the window you want to
refresh.

Hope that helps.
> The above link will show the pictures without frames. The main site iswww.bluestonebluegrass.comand clicking on the Photos button will show

madon5

Feb 16, 2012, 10:02:18 PM2/16/12
to PHPSlideShow by zinkwazi.com
Everything is working, thank you, and sorry for the double question.
> > McCoury,traditional,contemporary,folk,country,banjo,guitar,fiddle,uprightba­ss,mandolin,dobro,Gospel,contemporary,new
> > group,blues,swing,Jimmy Martin,Gary Ferguson,Ciff Waldron,Jeff
> > Presley,music,entertainment">
> > <META NAME="description" CONTENT="Bluestone Bluegrass Music Web Site">
> > <META NAME="generator" CONTENT="Notepad">
> > <META NAME="author" CONTENT="Tom Neal">
>
> > </HEAD>
> > <BACKGROUND COLOR="blue">
>
> > <FRAMESET ROWS="17%,84%" BORDER="0">
> > <FRAME NAME="C" SRC="title.htm" MARGINHEIGHT="0%" SCROLLING="no">
> > <FRAMESET COLS="14%,86%" BORDER="0">
> > <FRAME NAME="A" SRC="leftframe.htm" SCROLLING="no">
> > <FRAME NAME="B" SRC="bluestone.html">
> > <NOFRAME>This document uses frames. If your browser does not support
> > frames, please view our <A HREF="bluestone.html">no frames version.</
> > A></NOFRAME>
> >   </FRAMESET>
> > </FRAMESET>
>
> > </BODY>
> > </HTML>
>
> > Your help is greatly appreciated, and I will contribute if I can get
> > it tweaked, thanks for your answer, Tom Neal
> > web site iswww.bluestonebluegrass.com/images/PHPSlideshow/phpslideshow.php
> > The above link will show the pictures without frames. The main site iswww.bluestonebluegrass.comandclicking on the Photos button will show

madon5

Feb 18, 2012, 9:21:42 AM2/18/12
to PHPSlideShow by zinkwazi.com
My site is working beautifully until I add the pics.txt file that puts
an image description under each picture.
Without the pics.txt added, I'm running 38 pictures with the PHP
program running perfect, but verytime I go to add the pics.txt file,
then the PHP program says I have 44pics instead of 38, and there are
only 38 pictures on site. Can you tell me what's happening?

http://www.bluestonebluegrass.com/images/PHPSlideshow/phpslideshow.php

pics.tx file below

1.jpg;Shiloh Fire Hall
2.jpg;Arcadia Concert
3.jpg;Apple Festival
4.jpg;Gettysburg Bluegrass Festival
5.jpg;Gettysburg Bluegrass Festival
6.jpg;Shiloh Fire hall
7.jpg;Studio Shot
8.jpg;Arcadia Concert
9.jpg;Field Photo
10.jpg;Song Of The Mountain Practice
11.jpg;Song Of The Mountain Practice
12.jpg;Apple Festival
13.jpg;Cabin Fever
14.jpg;Picking In The Shade
15.jpg;Md Line Fire Hall Concert
16.jpg;Md Line Fire Hall Concert
17.jpg;Md Line Fire Hall Concert
18.jpg;Arcadia Concert
19.jpg;Lucketts Concert
20.jpg;Lucketts Concert
21.jpg;Apple Festival
22.jpg;Recording Song Of The Mountain
23.jpg;Shippensburg Town Festival
24.jpg;Recording Song Of The Mountain
25.jpg;Song Of The Mountain Practice
26.jpg;Song Of The Mountain Sound Check
27.jpg;Recording Song Of The Mountain
28.jpg;Song Of The Mountain Practice
29.jpg;Stewarstown Benefit Concert
30.jpg;Stewarstown Benefit Concert
31.jpg;Stewarstown Benefit Concert
32.jpg;Stewarstown Benefit Concert
33.jpg;Stewarstown Benefit Concert
34.jpg;Stewarstown Benefit Concert
35.jpg;Stewarstown Benefit Concert
36.jpg;Patterson Park Theatre
37.jpg;Patterson Park Theatre
38.jpg;Arcadia Concert

madon5

Feb 18, 2012, 9:50:07 AM2/18/12
to PHPSlideShow by zinkwazi.com
I know wht's happening now but I don't know why. When I add the
pics.txt file, it's counting the other 5 PHP program files and the
thumbnails directory as pictures for some unknown reason.

Thumbnails = is a directory
gpl.txt
phpslideshow.php
pics.txt
readme.txt
template.html

38 pictures without the pics.txt file

44 pictures with the pics.txt file

38+6=44

I checked all of the spellings, and also made sure everything was
small txt

I included my site link and my pics.txt file contents in my previous
post, thank you for any help or solutions you can give me.

BandonRandon

Feb 18, 2012, 2:15:45 PM2/18/12
to PHPSlideShow by zinkwazi.com
It looks to be working fine now. Did you check for any blank lines at
the top or bottom of pics.txt? I can't find the txt file on your site
to check for you.