Using a folder on a USB attached drive??

Rhys Alexander

Aug 8, 2017, 11:53:16 PM8/8/17
to PHPSlideShow by zinkwazi.com
Hello,

Great program Greg.

Any ideas as to how I could use an attached drive (USB or networked) containing images as my older imac only has a 40 Gb drive.

I have tried using "/Volumes/drive/folder" as a "symlink" folder, and using '?drive=' but I read in another post that the image folder needs to be a sub folder of the webserver???

Anyhow, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Rhys

BandonRandon

Jan 4, 2019, 6:26:23 PM1/4/19
to PHPSlideShow by zinkwazi.com
Hi Rhys,

Might be easier to install PHP onto the flashdrive. Looks like XAMPP has a flash drive version:

This is an older guide on how to install it:

Once you get PHP installed you'll be able to use the drive as a webserver.