Entire page redraws between images in IE

Jerri

Mar 17, 2011, 8:57:56 PM3/17/11
to PHPSlideShow by zinkwazi.com
I'm using IE 8, and the entire page redraws between images. I see that
it also does it in your demo at http://www.zinkwazi.com/scripts/demo/phpslideshow.php?directory=photos&auto=1.

Is there a way to prevent this? It looks fine in Firefox.

Thanks!

BandonRandon

Mar 17, 2011, 11:23:04 PM3/17/11
to PHPSlideShow by zinkwazi.com
Jerri,

Short answer, stop using IE. More seriously though, the slideshow
function works by refeshing the page and loading a new image. My
guess (pure speculation so don't quote me) is that FF does a better
job at caching the page so each refesh isn't as noticable. Where IE is
not putting site content into cache so it reloads all the content all
the time.

The only real solution I can think of is to use Iframes or equivilant
and then load just the image from another place. This would still
reload the content but it should appear smoother. This can be tricky
and have some downsides when it comes to navagation but it might be a
good quick solution.