Fade issue?

wkhe...@gmail.com

May 25, 2013, 11:49:25 AM5/25/13
to phpsli...@googlegroups.com
am using BareBones template but seems to have issue with fade?  check out this 'test' page here:

but doesn't seem to be an issue here:

Also, how is it that my thumbnails are not showing any preload but it is showing on greglawler site?

I must be missing something??  FYI, I did stole few javascript codes from greglawler's site but I think that the link to javascript page is missing in phpslideshow.php pages which is probably why it is now doing fade in the slideshow and preload in the thumbnails?

-Ken

BandonRandon

May 25, 2013, 2:22:44 PM5/25/13
to phpsli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ken,

The Fade Effect has never been officially supported which is why it is not packaged with the script. I should also point out that the fade on Greg's site uses prototype and scripolicos which are both outdated javascript librarys.  You'd be better off using jQuery.  The biggest problem I see is that Grey has an ID of 'image" and you have a CLASS of 'image' this may be the problem.

However, I would recommend using jQuery and doing something like this.
http://jsfiddle.net/BandonRandon/FvaR4/

Then you just need to include the jQuery library and that one line of Javascript and you'll be good to go.

Also, how is it that my thumbnails are not showing any preload but it is showing on greglawler site?

Not sure what this means.