Calling all Grads/Junior (PHP) Dev's! I have a job opening in Manchester City Centre...

Joe Burns

Jul 23, 2013, 7:05:47 AM7/23/13
to ph...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Hope you guys are all in one piece after that storm last night!

I'm not sure how many Grads/Junior Developers are on this forum... but I thought I'd post the job anyway just in case. Same old story, which I'm sure you've all heard countless times - up to £500 for successful referrals bla, blah...!

Graduate/Junior Web Developer – PHP (or Python) | Central Manchester | Up to £24k

I’m on the lookout for a talented PHP (or Python) developer for an up-and-coming tech start-up based in Manchester city centre. This is a huge opportunity for a keen graduate/junior developer to learn new skills and ultimately help your career develop, by working on a growing web-based media sharing platform.

You will have the chance to learn new skills in cutting-edge technologies whilst also developing my clients own, bespoke technologies.

There will be room for promotion as the company grows.

Requirements:

·         BSc in Computer Science (or similar)

·         Strong understanding of software engineering concepts such as OOP and MVC

·         Working experience with programming technologies

Advantageous:

·         PHP, Python, or C++ knowledge

·         Amazon Web Services (Amazon EC2, RDS and S3)

·         RESTful API service experience

·         Understanding and experience of Agile software development lifecycle

·         Experience of Git version control

·         Good communication and interpersonal skills

·         Determined and hardworking

·         Can organize own time well

The project needs to be scalable and efficient as the website gets half a million visitors a month and we expect this to grow over the coming weeks.

Your Role:
The majority of your time will be developing and designing the underlying structure of a web-based media sharing platform.

The technologies that are currently used are: PHP, MySQL, Amazon Web Services, Facebook SDK, jQuery, adoDB, Memcached, Smarty, Vagrant, BitTorrent, Git and many more.

If anyone is interested or know anyone who might be, please get in touch...

All the best,

Joe.

Antonia Phoenix

Feb 5, 2014, 10:51:43 AM2/5/14
to ph...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joe,

Please can you give me a call on 07793 240012. Thanks!