Setting up mamp for word press

Sda Remnant

Jul 15, 2019, 5:49:47 AM7/15/19
to phpliteadmin
Hello everyone

I am currently setting up mamp to use Wordpress and I am now at the stage where I need to create a database through phpmyadmin lite. However I have no experience with this. Can anybody help me out ? All of the tutorials out there are people using the full php version but I cannot find any videos on setting up the lite version on mamp!

Any help would be great.

Jay

Christopher Kramer

Jul 15, 2019, 5:57:57 AM7/15/19
to phpliteadmin
Hello Jay,
this mailing list is for phpliteadmin. Note the difference between phpLITEadmin and phpMYadmin.
phpLITEadmin is not a lite version of phpMYadmin. It is a completely different software.
phpMYadmin is for MySQL-databases.
phpLITEadmin is for SQLite-databases.
This means phpliteadmin cannot connect to a MySQL database.
Wordpress usually uses a MySQL database, not a SQLite database. So if you try to manage the DB of wordpress, you cannot use phpliteadmin.

Greetings,
Christopher

Sda Remnant

Jul 15, 2019, 6:06:14 AM7/15/19
to phpliteadmin
Hey thanks for your quick response. Mamp have provided MySQL lite and phpmyadmin lite so are you saying I can install Wordpress using the free software provided ? How would I go about it then, if this is the case ?

Sda Remnant

Jul 15, 2019, 6:12:44 AM7/15/19
to phpliteadmin
If I cannot install Wordpress using the free software ( lite version’s) how can I install Wordpress and be able to create and amend my website without commercial web hosting ?

Christopher Kramer

Jul 15, 2019, 6:25:36 AM7/15/19
to phpliteadmin
I have no experience with with mamp. However, neither MySQL nor phpMyAdmin is a software that costs money. It is open source that you can install for free.
You can download phpMyAdmin for free here: https://www.phpmyadmin.net/
You can download MySQL for free here: https://dev.mysql.com/

But this mailing list is not the right place to ask for help if you try to setup Wordpress.

Greetings,
Christopher