adding user roles to phpLiteAdmin

Míchael S.

May 4, 2021, 8:50:56 PMMay 4
to phpliteadmin
Hello All.

I am in the middle of writing a PHP app which uses SQLite.  I got to thinking if my app ever needed a tech support person, how would I handle that?  Enter phpLiteAdmin.  Out of the box, phpLiteAdmin gives all access to any user that logs in successfully, and it does so amazingly.

There are, however, use cases for restricting what a logged-in user can do.  Think of "Roles" that exist in the MS world.

I've written code into the phpLiteAdmin script to do this.  Keeping with the simple password approach to gain access to phpLiteAdmin, and when a user is interested in these security arrangements, they simply create a 2nd, or 3rd (or...) password which would yield a different access level to phpLiteAdmin functions.

I envision this feature is implemented using a simple external configuration file specifically for these security purposes.  If the file isn't readable, then phpLiteAdmin would revert to working as it is now, with version 1.9.8.2.

I'm interested in talking to the team in more detail!

Mike
Message has been deleted

Chris

Jul 21, 2021, 3:36:15 AMJul 21
to phpliteadmin
Hi Michael

I'm also interested in this kind of feature! Something like allowing users to edit only certain tables inside my databse.
Let me know if you have any updates...

Chris