Command Line option and Desktop Heap

shimax

Jun 4, 2016, 10:14:15 AM6/4/16
to ZZEE PHPExe
Hello,

I run my program, which is complied with PHPExe, from the command line.
When my program finishes the task, it closes itself automatically.
That is fine. Maybe just a story of one or 0.5 second.

But if I keep running this task without rebooting Windows, about 8,000 to 10,000 times,
the program does not run itself any more. And in other applications as well, memory-related errors happen.
In this case rebooting Windows is the only solution.

My client says that this may be caused by the limitation of Desktop Heap.
How do you think, Paul?

And so I wonder if there is any way to remain only one window and keep using the window in order to get the task done.
So when I pass the command line parameter to my program, I do not want to run another my program instance but want to reuse the exiting window.
Is it possible?

ex. Suppose that my program shows Page A now. Then when I pass the command line parameter to my program, my program shows Page B.
location.href="pageB.html";
Only on window or instance. No new window.

Thank you in advance.

Ryotaro Shimazu

ZZEE Groups

Jun 6, 2016, 8:33:40 AM6/6/16
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryotaro,

*) As for memory leaks, we did lots of stuff, including using 3rd
party leak detectors when developed it. Plus we did a stress test of
1M requests and saw if memory leaks. So we fixed all memory and handle
leaks we found in our software, but there were leaks in IE (PHP seems
to be OK). Maybe there were leaks in our code too, but we did all we
could.

*) To do refresh in one window you have to supply some external
command either to the built-in webserver, but it accepts only commands
from the built-in webbrowser. Or supply external commands to the
built-in instance of IE, but I don't know how to do it easily (some
hacking is needed).

Perhaps it is easier to re-write your application altogether.
> --
> --
> ---
> "ZZEE PHPExe" group.