Google Chrom Frame

Gert

Oct 3, 2012, 6:54:45 AM10/3/12
to php...@googlegroups.com
Does PHPExe support the google chrome frame tag or is it planned for the future?

Miike

Oct 3, 2012, 11:32:50 AM10/3/12
to php...@googlegroups.com
I'm sure that that would be something related to Webkit rather than Trident although I could be wrong.  PHPEXE using Trident I do believe, not webkit.

Gert

Oct 3, 2012, 12:01:36 PM10/3/12
to php...@googlegroups.com
That's right, but chrome frame can silently replace Trident just with setting a special meta tag in the html header of a page. So you can even start with the original IE configuration and switch over to Chrome with the next page load. Because PHPExe uses the browser related dlls of the OS it should work also with the replacement dlls of Chrome. It only should fail if the dll(s) are tweaked by PHPExe, but I don't think so.
I ask this because IE (up to IE9) is somewhat behind with the html5 features and IE10 will be not available for many users because they are still working with XP.

ZZEE Groups

Oct 3, 2012, 7:03:55 PM10/3/12
to php...@googlegroups.com
I did a quick test, and it looks like no, PHPExe is not compatible
with Chrome Frame. In their FAQ they tell that it supports only IE,
and not browsers built on top of MS rendering engine:

http://www.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/chrome-frame-getting-started/chrome-frame-faq#TOC-Does-Google-Chrome-Frame-support-.NET-WebBrowser-Maxthon-and-similar-browsers-

However this Chrome Frame installs from inside a PHPExe compiled
program just fine. (Using a check code posted on their site).

Did you do any tests yourself?
> --

Regards,
Paul.

Follow ZZEE on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/zzee.software

Feel free to become friends with Paul Slavic:
http://facebook.com/Paul.Slavic

Gert Lehmann

Oct 4, 2012, 6:07:47 AM10/4/12
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,
I made a test without success but was not sure to have configured properly. So, that are bad news, but maybe a challenge for one of the next updates for PHPExe. Anyway, thank you for your time.

Regards,
Gert

ZZEE Groups

Oct 13, 2012, 7:04:20 AM10/13/12
to php...@googlegroups.com
Yes, this is a challenge, plus, since they did this component and it
is open source, perhaps I can incorporate the whole Chrome into ZPE if
their license permits this and if it takes not much time, I'll give it
a try.

Samir Sudrik

Jun 20, 2015, 5:37:22 AM6/20/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gert,
what meta tags can be added to header to do this.
thanks.

Gert

Jun 20, 2015, 7:41:10 AM6/20/15
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi Samir,
Unfortunately PHPExe doesn't support chrome frame. At the moment there is no option to get a better HTML5 support in PHPExe.
Gert
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ZZEE PHPExe" group.