Does it cache pages?

jsherk

Aug 21, 2010, 7:49:04 PM8/21/10
to PHPDevShell
I am playing with example.php from the wiki right now (v2.8.1), and
when I change my .tpl file and refresh the page, the template changes
do not take effect. I even cleared my cache (Firefox 3.6.8 Tools >
Clear Recent History > Everything) and it forces me to log back in
(which it should) but the template changes to not take effect.

Can you explain what is happening?

Thanks

greg

Aug 22, 2010, 9:55:06 AM8/22/10
to PHPDevShell
Yes Smarty templates use a disk cache on the server side (the /
phpdevshell/write/cache folder).

greg

jsherk

Aug 22, 2010, 10:57:53 AM8/22/10
to PHPDevShell
Can this cache be disabled.. at least during development?

Thanks

jsherk

Aug 27, 2010, 10:23:55 AM8/27/10
to PHPDevShell
I changed the following default.config.php setting which seems to have
solved my problem:
$configuration['cache_refresh_intervals'] = 15;

I changed it from 120 seconds to 15 seconds.

greg

Aug 29, 2010, 11:58:28 AM8/29/10
to PHPDevShell
Thanks; I created a new FAQ based on your feedback:
https://answers.launchpad.net/phpdevshell/+faq/1278