suggestions

14 views
Skip to first unread message

waq...@yahoo.com

unread,
Aug 22, 2010, 11:58:36 AM8/22/10
to PHPDevShell
guys i have few suggestions as you are working on version 3 and i am
waiting anxiously for its official release so i have few things to
say

first thing is i think GUI of phpdevshell is good but not so much
attractive and proffesional it need improvements like for example if
you see http://www.phpopenbiz.org/jim/release_history

there cubi application has so much simple robust and attractive
gui .modules are presented in easy interface there color selection is
professonal and css is used for html controls if you can copy the same
thats will be great as there framework is meta based not coding base
so one can not use there framwork and is of no use in professional
custom apps
install there cubi aap and you will happy to see its GUI moreover you
can check this admin templates also

http://www.webappers.com/2009/09/18/20-professional-web-admin-templates-on-themeforest/

paging is also missing in PHPDEVSHELL

another thing missing is good documentation and tutorials like any
ebook but i hope it will be solved in future but GUI is my important
concern.

thanks
Waqas



greg

unread,
Aug 22, 2010, 4:57:28 PM8/22/10
to PHPDevShell
About GUI, version 3.0 will ship with a brand new html5 appearance.
And of course the ones among you who are professional designers are
welcome to contribute new skins ;)

What kind of paging do you need?

I'm working on documentation and tutorials (http://www.phpdevshell.org/
docs/documentation-version-3-0). Please comment so I can add and
improve it.

greg

Jason Schoeman

unread,
Aug 23, 2010, 1:32:12 AM8/23/10
to phpde...@googlegroups.com
Hi Waqasde,

PHPDevShell V 3 is a complete rewrite. It looks brilliant and very
smooth. Wait a few days and Beta 1 will be released.

Regards,
Jason

waq...@yahoo.com

unread,
Aug 23, 2010, 12:24:26 PM8/23/10
to PHPDevShell
i am getting excited for version 3 take your time for final release.

does html5 is compatible with IE7 & 8 and firefox?.


in PHpDevShell 2.8 there is no paging of records like page 1,2 ,3 it
would be nice if you can incorporate nice pager in version 3.0

about documentation please give priorty to core architecture concepts
like working with modules(add, configure etc) ,working with themes and
how to use Mvc and ajax etc. it would be nice if you can write a
tutorial on developing a basic application with phpdevshell showing it
all features like a blog or any other.





best of luck

thanks




On Aug 23, 10:32 am, Jason Schoeman <ti...@pcbg.co.za> wrote:
>   Hi Waqasde,
>
> PHPDevShell V 3 is a complete rewrite. It looks brilliant and very
> smooth. Wait a few days and Beta 1 will be released.
>
> Regards,
> Jason
>
> On 22/08/2010 17:58, waqa...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>
>
> > guys i have few suggestions as you are working on version 3 and i am
> > waiting anxiously for its official release so i have few things to
> > say
>
> > first thing is i think GUI of phpdevshell is good but not so much
> > attractive and proffesional it need improvements like for example if
> > you seehttp://www.phpopenbiz.org/jim/release_history
>
> > there cubi application has so much simple robust and attractive
> > gui .modules are presented in easy interface there color selection is
> > professonal and css is used for html controls if you can copy the same
> > thats will be great as there framework is meta based not coding base
> > so one can not use there framwork and is of no use in professional
> > custom apps
> > install there cubi aap and you will happy to see its GUI moreover you
> > can check this admin templates also
>
> >http://www.webappers.com/2009/09/18/20-professional-web-admin-templat...
>
> > paging is also missing in PHPDEVSHELL
>
> > another thing missing is good documentation and tutorials like any
> > ebook but i hope it will be solved in future but GUI is my important
> > concern.
>
> > thanks
> > Waqas- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

waq...@yahoo.com

unread,
Aug 23, 2010, 12:25:55 PM8/23/10
to PHPDevShell
i am getting excited for version 3 take your time for final release.

does html5 is compatible with IE7 & 8 and firefox?.


in PHpDevShell 2.8 there is no paging of records like page 1,2 ,3 it
would be nice if you can incorporate nice pager in version 3.0

about documentation please give priorty to core architecture concepts
like working with modules(add, configure etc) ,working with themes and
how to use Mvs and ajax etc. it would be nice if you can write a
tutorial on developing a basic application with phpdevshell showing it
all features like blog or any other.





best of luck

thanks




On Aug 23, 10:32 am, Jason Schoeman <ti...@pcbg.co.za> wrote:
>   Hi Waqasde,
>
> PHPDevShell V 3 is a complete rewrite. It looks brilliant and very
> smooth. Wait a few days and Beta 1 will be released.
>
> Regards,
> Jason
>
> On 22/08/2010 17:58, waqa...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>
>
> > guys i have few suggestions as you are working on version 3 and i am
> > waiting anxiously for its official release so i have few things to
> > say
>
> > first thing is i think GUI of phpdevshell is good but not so much
> > attractive and proffesional it need improvements like for example if
> > you seehttp://www.phpopenbiz.org/jim/release_history
>
> > there cubi application has so much simple robust and attractive
> > gui .modules are presented in easy interface there color selection is
> > professonal and css is used for html controls if you can copy the same
> > thats will be great as there framework is meta based not coding base
> > so one can not use there framwork and is of no use in professional
> > custom apps
> > install there cubi aap and you will happy to see its GUI moreover you
> > can check this admin templates also
>
> >http://www.webappers.com/2009/09/18/20-professional-web-admin-templat...
>
> > paging is also missing in PHPDEVSHELL
>
> > another thing missing is good documentation and tutorials like any
> > ebook but i hope it will be solved in future but GUI is my important
> > concern.
>
> > thanks

greg

unread,
Aug 23, 2010, 4:29:39 PM8/23/10
to PHPDevShell
Did you check the documentation currently on the site?
http://www.phpdevshell.org/docs/documentation-version-3-0

Please comment so I can improve.
Message has been deleted

greg

unread,
Aug 24, 2010, 11:21:21 AM8/24/10
to PHPDevShell
On the doc page you commented:

> i have another suggestion for you that in version 2.8 its dashboard is filled with its settings/configuration module links
> but for custom application these settings or web site administation links are of no use for ordinary users so there must
> be two tabs in dashboard one for these configuration/settings links and othere where custom modules links can be
> shown without settings links so what do you think ?

it's not a comment on doc so I move it here.

PHPDevShell is a professional web development tool, it can't rely on
only
"two tabs" (or any fixed number of tabs). Actually the dashboard
shows, for the current user, only the "links" he's entitled to access.
You can experience that when not logged in: you're in fact logged as
"guest", so you have access to a dashboard limited to guest features.
it's true for all users.
Your tab suggestion is interesting, but most likely to be related to a
theme template I think...

jsherk

unread,
Aug 24, 2010, 6:10:32 PM8/24/10
to PHPDevShell
@Waqas ...
I believe that the GUI (how it looks) is controlled by templates, so
you can completely change it's appearance by modifying the appropriate
template file.

@phpds ...
Yes, I hope paging will be added with V3.

Thanks

greg

unread,
Aug 24, 2010, 7:15:15 PM8/24/10
to PHPDevShell
If the paging you need related to cutting table data into pages (rows
1 to 9 for page 1, rows 10 to 19 for page 2...) it's already in v2 and
is improved in v3.

jsherk

unread,
Aug 24, 2010, 7:22:05 PM8/24/10
to PHPDevShell
I read thru the wiki docs and also browsed the api but did notice
this.. can you point to which functions I should look at.

Thanks

greg

unread,
Aug 28, 2010, 10:43:22 PM8/28/10
to PHPDevShell
It's not in the documentation yet, but it's in the APIs. I'll write
something about paging when it's stable enough.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages