External links doesn't open in external browser

Emil Gotting

Oct 24, 2021, 1:02:17 AM10/24/21
to PHP Desktop
I have an issue with linking to external web pages that I want to open in an external browser.
I can read that there should be a flag in settings called external_navigation that is set to true but still my links open in the application browser.

Should i add somthing special in the target -tag of the link to get it to open in the users default browser?

Emil

Terry J

Oct 24, 2021, 11:05:42 AM10/24/21
to PHP Desktop
I think you have it backwards Emil:

"When set to false external links will be opened in OS default browser."

Sam Cohen

Jan 21, 2022, 2:12:18 AMJan 21
to PHP Desktop
Or you can use shell cmd:

<?php
if(isset($_REQUEST['url'])):
$cmd=sprintf( '"C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" –disable-plugins --disable-gpu –disable-background-mode –incognito -window-size=1280,780 --app=%s', $_REQUEST['url'] );
exec( $cmd );
endif;
?>