KsDef getName always return ''KsDef''

1emming

Jul 31, 2014, 8:50:14 AM7/31/14
to phpc...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for making and sharing this project :)

I'm running with your codebase for a while and it works great.

I was wondering why:
http://thobbs.github.io/phpcassa/api/class-cassandra.KsDef.html

KsDef getName always return "KsDef" and not the 'name' attribute on the class. The attribute is public so I use that for now.
I ran into this when using the SystemManager calling `describe_keyspaces()` which returns an array of `KsDef`'s.

Best regards,
Seb

Tyler Hobbs

Aug 1, 2014, 7:27:35 PM8/1/14
to phpc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Seb,

KsDef is a class that's generated by Thrift, so some of the methods don't always make sense.  I would just use the $name attribute directly.

Tyler Hobbs
DataStax

1emming

Aug 2, 2014, 3:50:07 AM8/2/14
to phpc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick and clear answer :)