PHPCassa | Load Test

waqas....@northbaysolutions.net

Dec 30, 2013, 5:34:36 AM12/30/13
to phpc...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am new with Cassandra. I am just analyzing the web page response time using jMeter after including PHPCassa library in the page.

Following are the configurations of jMeter's thread group
Number of Threads: 500
Ramp-Up  Period: 1 second
Loop Count: 1

After executing the above test case, average response time is 7 seconds and If we do not include the PHPCassa library then average response time of the page is 5 mili seconds.

I am little confused that why the response time is being increased by just including the library without any initialization?

Kindly help in this regard.

waqas....@northbaysolutions.net

Jan 2, 2014, 8:19:17 AM1/2/14
to phpc...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
I have figure out the root cause of slow response. It is because of a lot of disk I/O operations per request. As Cassandra uses thrift, PHP server takes time to interpret all files of thrift on each request.

To resolve the problem of slow response, I have configured Alternative PHP Cache (APC) to cache the interpreted form of code. After using APC results are excellent. Following is the little summary

Apache's jMeter Test Case:
Number of Threads: 1000

Ramp-Up  Period: 1 second
Loop Count: 1