Adventures with Bash — Matthias Noback and more...

jonhnie...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2017, 5:58:50 AM3/2/17
to p...@googlegroups.com
Recent news posts about PHP

Adventures with Bash — Matthias Noback

A bit of reminiscing

When I was a kid, MS Windows was still a program called WIN.COM which you needed to start from the MS-DOS command prompt. You could also add it to AUTOEXEC.BAT which was a so-called batch file . You could write these .BAT files yourself. They were basically just command-line scripts. You could make them execute commands, print things, collect input, and make simple decisions. It wasn't much, and I remember that you often needed some helper .COM or .EXE programs to accomplish anything useful. The most advanced thing I ever wrote was a nice little ASCII-art menu program, spread across multiple .BAT files (with GOTO s and all), which allowed me to easily start my favorite games, like Super Tetris , known to me as SUPERTET.EXE , or Prince of Persia .

From .BAT to .php to .sh

Several years later I learned a bit of PHP and immediately felt at home. PHP was a scripting language back then. Of course it still is, but it doesn't feel like one anymore. It shared (and still shares) some basic characteristics with scripting languages like the MS-DOS batch programming "language"....
click to read the full article

Drupal Logos as Fruits and Vegetables

Drupal Logos as Fruits and Vegetables

Our journey with Druplicons has just started. Last time, we presented you Drupal Logos in Human and Superhuman Forms. Now, it's time to see, how Druplicon can be designed in the shapes of Fruits and Vegetables.

First, we'll start with fruits. Druplicon can be an orange ( Drupal Camp Atlanta 2016 ),...
click to read the full article