Making money with open source, etc. — Matthias Noback and more...

jonhnie...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2017, 7:07:22 AM3/12/17
to p...@googlegroups.com
Recent news posts about PHP

Making money with open source, etc. — Matthias Noback

Making money with open source, etc.

So, here's a bit of a personal blog post for once.

Symfony trademark policy

I saw this tweet:...
click to read the full article

MidCamp 2017 keynote, sessions, and trainings, oh my!

MidCamp 2017 keynote, sessions, and trainings, oh my!
Keynote Speaker

We are pleased as punch to announce that Emma Karayiannis will be the keynote speaker for MidCamp 2017.

Emma is a huge Open Source community advocate. Over the past 4 years Emma has taken part in many (if not all) forms of contribution within the Drupal community. Emma's current focus has put the code aside to support the people who contribute to Drupal. Her current responsibilities include being a member of the Drupal Community Working Group and the creator of the 'Being Human' track for DrupalCon....
click to read the full article

Drupal core security release window on Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Drupal core security release window on Wednesday, March 15, 2017

The monthly security release window for Drupal 8 and 7 core will take place on Wednesday, March 15.

This does not mean that a Drupal core security release will necessarily take place on that date for any of the Drupal 8 or 7 branches, only that you should watch for one (and be ready to update your Drupal sites in the event that the Drupal security team decides to make a release)....
click to read the full article

Christhian Vigh and France Won the 2016 PHP Innovation Award Edition

Christhian Vigh and France Won the 2016 PHP Innovation Award Edition
Contents
Christian Vigh: Winner of the PHP Innovation Award of 2016
France: PHP Innovation Award Championship Winner of 2016 by Country: Interviews with the country winners
Interview with Christian Vigh (podcast audio and hangout video)
Christian Vigh: Winner of the PHP Innovation Award of 2016

Christian Vigh is a PHP developer from the France that has been programming since many years ago.

He won the 2016 PHP Programming Innovation Award edition with 12 nominated packages and 95 points. He actually submitted more packages in 2016 but not all were considered innovative....
click to read the full article

250: Suchi Garg - Career makes Community

250: Suchi Garg - Career makes Community

What's in a Driesnote? Interviews from the DrupalCon Dublin "Driesnote" keynote address. Suchi Garg is an IT professional through and through and happened upon PHP and Drupal essentially by accident at work. As of 2017, she has been working exclusively in Drupal for a decade and is still very passionate about code, contribution, the community, and passing on her knowledge through training. She is Technical Services Manager at Acquia.

DrupalCon Dublin Community Voices podcasts
Subscribe!

What's in a Driesnote? Interviews from the DrupalCon Dublin "Driesnote" keynote address. Suchi Garg is an IT professional through and through and happened upon PHP and Drupal essentially by accident at work. As of 2017, she has been working exclusively in Drupal for a decade and is still very passionate about code, contribution, the community, and passing on her knowledge through training. She is Technical Services Manager at Acquia....
click to read the full article

Installing Drupal Console in an Existing Drupal 8 Project

Installing Drupal Console in an Existing Drupal 8 Project

Drupal Console is a fantastic tool for helping to write Drupal 8 modules; of that there is little debate. Its "generate" functionality takes much of the pain out of setting up the scaffolding for many types of Drupal 8 modules, and in the process that alone saves developers a significant amount of time. When using Drupal Console, module developers usually don't have to worry too much about basic "use" statements, PSR-4 directory structures and file names, annotations, and much boilerplate code that is normally part of the development process.

Here at DrupalEasy, we're such big fans of Drupal Console, we've designed our "Introduction to Drupal 8 Module Development" full-day workshop around it ( we're offering it at DrupalCon Baltimore ). To some newcomers, getting Drupal Console up-and-running can be a bit tedious as there are a few ways to install it. Plus, the distinction between the Drupal Console Launcher (global executable) and the rest of Drupal Console can be confusing....
click to read the full article