Laracon Online – Last Day For Early Bird Tickets and more...

jonhnie...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2017, 10:11:29 PM2/22/17
to p...@googlegroups.com
Recent news posts about PHP

Laracon Online – Last Day For Early Bird Tickets

Laracon Online – Last Day For Early Bird Tickets

Today is the last chance for you to join over 3,000 developers and get an early bird ticket to Laracon Online for just $10. Each ticket purchase includes access to the live event video, conference swag, and a special Slack channel for hanging out and mingling during the event. With your ticket, you can sit on your couch and watch it all live!

Laracon Online will be held on March 8th, 2017 with opening remarks at 8:45 AM EST. If you can’t attend that day, all the talks will be recorded and available online for viewing at your convenience shortly after the conference ends....
click to read the full article

PHP News, Views and Community

The Laravel News site has posted a new announcement today with a reminder that today (Feb 22nd) is the last day to get Laracon Online Early Bird tickets for just $10 USD. After this they'll go up to their normal price.

Today is the last chance for you to join over 3,000 developers and get an early bird ticket to Laracon Online for just $10. Each ticket purchase includes access to the live event video, conference swag, and a special Slack channel for hanging out and mingling during the event. With your ticket, you can sit on your couch and watch it all live!...
click to read the full article

PHP News, Views and Community

The Delicious Brains site has posted a new tutorial, the third part in their "Automating Local WordPress Setup" series, covering the automation of "the rest" of the setup steps. This includes virtual host setup, plugin installation and cleanup.

In my last post in the Automating Local WordPress Setup series, I created a WP-CLI package for quickly installing and uninstalling WordPress. I’ve been using this package for a while now, and have been itching to make it more useful for a typical development workflow....
click to read the full article

PHP News, Views and Community

... click to read the full article

PHP News, Views and Community

If you were ever interested in the early days of PHP (back in the PHP/FI days, pre-3.0 even) Rasmus Lerdorf has a post sharing an old Changelog he created for some of the first PHP version releases.

Ran across this Changelog from a long long time ago. Read from the bottom up. I added the PHP Tools lines at the bottom for context. So many early decisions made on a whim still affecting us today. And then there are things like "Removed **, // and %% operators" which did a vector dot-product and its inverse, I think. I seem to recall deleting it when I tried to document it....
click to read the full article