what is wrong with php?

wm.m.t...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2021, 12:17:05 PMJul 23
to php
PHP and Classic ASP are server-side scripting languages.  What is wrong with having a website written in this instead of the trendy JavaScript Frameworks like React, Angular etc.?  If memory serves me correctly, there is an issue with security where you can post in a text box some script and hack into a system.

Can we please discuss some pitfalls or drawbacks to having a website written entirely in PHP or ASP?  What does a JavaScript framework or Node.js bring to the table that would otherwise be lacking?