Third & GroveLinkedIn IconTwitter IconGithub IconDrupal 8 Icon and more...

jonhnie...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2017, 6:00:54 AM2/22/17
to p...@googlegroups.com
Recent news posts about PHP

Third & GroveLinkedIn IconTwitter IconGithub IconDrupal 8 Icon

Seniorlink Drupal Case Study

For over 15 years, Seniorlink has pioneered solutions for caregivers across the nation, helping them provide their loved ones with the highest quality care. SeniorLink needed to upgrade their website to a modern, sleek and easy-to-navigate one that introduces Seniorlink as the parent company of Caregiver Homes and Vela and promotes Seniorlink as the trusted and credible source for information and support for homecare.

Third & Grove built the new site for Seniorlink on Drupal, providing an easy admin interface and a secure editing environment, which would also provide a scalable platform for future downstream integrations and personalizations....
click to read the full article

Tutorial on How to Control an Android Phone or Tablet using PHP with Termux App

Tutorial on How to Control an Android Phone or Tablet using PHP with Termux App - PHP Termux API package blog
Contents
What is PHP Termux API?
Accessing Android Device Features using the Termux API
Steps to have the full setup
Accessing the device using a keyboard
Transfer files via FTP
Running PHP from Termux in an endless loop
Running PHP as a Web Server from Termux
Using the PHP Termux API class
Termux:API issues
Conclusion
What is PHP Termux API?

Termux App is a useful Android app which enables us to use a sort of Linux console inside our Android devices, like phones, tablets, and so on.

It needs the Termux:API add-on app to be installed, so it can use a command line programs that expose Android functions to Termux system. Inside Termux we can access networking (wi-fi and mobile internet)....
click to read the full article

Notable PHP package: PHP JSON API Server

Notable PHP package: PHP JSON API Server

Author: Manuel Lemos Posted on: 2017-02-21 Categories: Notable Packages

The package PHP JSON API Server is one of the few PHP packages that was considered notable recently because it does something that is worth paying attention. The basic purpose is: Handle REST API requests with functions in scripts Here follows in more detail what it does: This package can handle REST API requests with functions in scripts. It registers functions from scripts present in a given directory to handle API requests to function calls mentioned in annotation comments. The responses of the requests are returned in JSON format. The package also comes with JavaScript client code to simplify calls done to API servers using this package. Notable PHP packages can be often considered innovative. If this package is also innovative, it can be nominated to the PHP Innovation Award and the author may win prizes and recognition for sharing innovative packages. If you also developed your own notable or innovative packages consider sharing them, so you can also earn more visibility for your package....
click to read the full article

7 PHP UK 2017’s talks you must see

7 PHP UK 2017’s talks you must see

PhpUK is a conference I have wanted to attend for a long long time. I had watched all the videos on youtube really carefully for the last few years and always got this weird feeling this might be one of the best and most important conferences in Europe. So, here I am.

3 totally different paths available for attendees made the choice of my own quite difficult. Sometimes, I had to skip presentations I wanted to see, because they were happening at the same time as those I wanted to see even more. From time to time, I was bored. But, at the end, I have created my own track and I am happy with the result. If you do not have the time to watch all the presentations online, and it does not matter if in video or slides format, then I would be happy to share my totally subjective choices....
click to read the full article

PHP News, Views and Community

... click to read the full article

PHP News, Views and Community

The SitePoint PHP blog has another tutorial posted from author Christopher Pitt looking at writing async libraries with PHP . In this particular article he focuses on just one of many tasks an asynchronous library could perform: converting HTML to PDF documents.

I can barely remember a conference where the topic of asynchronous PHP wasn’t discussed. I am pleased that it’s so frequently spoken about these days. There’s a secret these speakers aren’t telling, though: "Making asynchronous servers, resolving domain names, interacting with file systems: these are the easy things. Making your own asynchronous libraries is hard. And it’s where you spend most of your time!"...
click to read the full article