Laravel Collection “tap” Method and more...

jonhnie...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2017, 4:49:59 AM2/14/17
to p...@googlegroups.com
Recent news posts about PHP

Laravel Collection “tap” Method

Laravel 5.4.10 introduces a new tap method on collections which allow you to “tap” into the collection at a specific point and do something with the results while not affecting the main collection.

This feature is best described through examples and let’s pretend you have the following array:...
click to read the full article

PHP News, Views and Community

Freek Van der Herten has a new post to his site sharing what he considers some of the most helpful Laravel package to help with your debugging.

In this post I’d like to share some of the packages that make developing a Laravel app easier....
click to read the full article

PHP News, Views and Community

The PHP 7.1.x releases are some of the latest versions of the language. There's plenty of new features that came along with this new release. In this new post to his CodeDiesel blog Sameer Borate looks at some of these new features (including code snippets to illustrate).

The PHP development team announced PHP 7.1.0 on 01 Dec 2016. This release is the first point release in the 7.x series. There are a few features – like the void return type – which have been introduced. Below are a few new selected features in PHP 7.1....
click to read the full article

PHP News, Views and Community

Giorgio Sironi has posted a review of a book to his site that shares fifty quick ideas to improve your tests that can help with things like run time, ease of maintenance and following best testing practices.

Fifty quick ideas to improve your tests is, well, a series of fifty quick ideas that you can implement on some of your automated test suites to improve their value or lower their creation or maintenance costs....
click to read the full article

PHP News, Views and Community

The Three Devs and a Maybe podcast, with hosts Michael Budd , Fraser Hart , Lewis Cains and Edd Mann , has posted their latest episode - Aha! Moments with Steven Proctor .

In this weeks episode we are lucky to have Steven Proctor back on the show. We start off discussion by congratulating him on 82 episodes of Functional Geekery, and the commitment it takes to do a podcast and not just ‘podfade’. From here we move on to highlight any commonalities he notices with people getting into FP, how he stays on-top of the latest advancements and how he finds the guests he wishes to speak to. This leads us on to compare learning functional concepts within a language you already know vs. in a totally different language which is rooted in the principles. Finally, we chat about interesting projects that are on his radar and advice that he has for people who wish to begin exploring FP....
click to read the full article