Query search handler (qt)

Lukasz Kujawa

Feb 1, 2013, 8:12:53 AM2/1/13
to php-...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to set query handler? I'm unable to find it in documentation and on internet. I've found some people asking the same question but nobody answer to them. If we don't have this feature yet I'm happy to add it. The question is where should I do it? Should that be another method on SolrQuery object or perhaps additional parameter on SolrClient::query( $query [, $handler ] )?

Lukasz Kujawa

Feb 2, 2013, 6:40:16 PM2/2/13
to php-...@googlegroups.com
I've looked into the source code and it's possible however not very cleary:

$client = new SolrClient($options);
$client->setServlet(SolrClient::SEARCH_SERVLET_TYPE, "request_handler_name");
Perhaps it's worth adding it on example page (http://www.php.net/manual/en/solr.examples.php).

Speaking about the example page I have one suggestion. The first example which shows how to insert a document would benefit from adding one more line $client->commit().
WIthout commit the document will obviously not get into Solr which might confused less experienced users.