JOB - PHP Developer - Magento - Newcastle

an...@commvia.com

Jun 12, 2015, 5:38:01 AM6/12/15
to php-nor...@googlegroups.com

Good morning folks,

Below is job in central Newcastle which we are looking to fill ASAP. Give me a shout if you are interested in a chat about it.

Thanks

Andy

We are looking for a flexible PHP\Magento developer to join our Newcastle-based team. Flexible, not just because we have lots of Yogawear clients (we do!), but because you’ll be a key part of shaping the growth and direction of an exciting, dynamic business. Our clients are small to medium sized businesses with big ambitions and our work needs to match and exceed those ambitions.

Ideally you will have:

  • Experience of working with Magento including the development of extensions
  • Experience of working with other ecommerce and CMS platforms including Wordpress, Woocommerce, Shopify, OSCommerce
  • Good knowledge of the underlying LAMP architecture and a working knowledge of LAMP server set up and maintenance
  • Excellent PHP skills with experience of maintaining and creating class-based libraries and systems
  • Experience of developing applications and systems with security as a priority

You’ll need to fit in with the team and our clients, so we are looking for these kinds of skills and personal qualities too:

  • Attention to detail with the ability to drive a project or task to a successful conclusion
  • Self motivated
  • An ability to see individual tasks within the big picture
  • Great problem solving skills
  • Able to cope with managing multiple priorities

Salary: £25k-£35k depending on experience.

Benefits: Great working environment, friendly team, free tea and coffee, showers and changing facilities for those who commute by bike\run, fully equipped kitchen, central Newcastle location 50 metres from Central Station, your choice of hardware within an overall budget. Xbox one for lunchtime relaxation.

The company: Commvia is a boutique digital agency based in the North East of England focused on designing, developing and producing cost-effective ecommerce websites. The agency draws on many years of e-commerce and retail experience. The founder, Andy Redfern, has worked in online technologies for more than 20 years. He was the co-founder of EthicalSuperstore.com, which is now a profitable online business owned by the Spark Ecommerce Group. He is an accomplished programmer and skilled systems analyst with a pragmatic flare for getting the job done on time and on budget. Commvia seeks to bring its clients technology solutions that allow them to move away from the inherent problems and focus on what took them online in the first place – selling more of the stuff they love.

Commvia is joint venture with Venture Stream - a North East digital agency who's clients include Asquith London, Barbour, the Pen Shop, Planet Organic, The Baltic and Frugi.

Commvia is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.

Apply via Linkedin, by emailing andy(at)commvia.com or arranging a confidential chat on 07779 132139.

NO AGENCIES PLEASE