Job: Junior PHP Developer

damian robinson

Jun 22, 2016, 4:23:19 AM6/22/16
to PHPNE

We have recently opened an office in Newcastle, and are looking to grow our development team.

At this point we are looking to recruit a junior developer, who we envisage will take a lead role

within the organisation as the team grows in size.

About our company

iO1, the team behind Invotra, are one of Europe's leading Open Source consultancies. Established in

2004, the organisation quickly became one of the most active members of the Open Source

community globally. It's a significant claim to make when we say that the code written by our team is

being in used on every major Drupal site worldwide, and not one we make lightly! iO1 are the primary

sponsor for some of the most widely-used Drupal modules including Views, CTools , Panels and

Panelizer (committed in partnership with NBC Universal iVillage).

In 2013, iO1 was appointed the preferred supplier to one of the largest UK Government departments

to implement a new, secure intranet to 38,000 users. Further to this, Invotra has been selected by a

second UK Government department, servicing a further 87,000 users. Covering 20% of central

Government in under 18 months, Invotra is rapidly becoming the Enterprise Intranet of choice.

Our dedication to five key values - fairness, professionalism, innovation, dependability and quality - is

at the core of who iO1 is and what we do.

See http://www.invotra.com for further details of our product and what we do.

Expectations

As a junior developer, you will be working in a team on every stage of the product development

lifecycle of our SAAS application Invotra. You will follow technical and system specifications in order

to produce high quality rigorously tested code to fix issues and develop new functionality on our

product.

Desired Skills and Experience

Essential

Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming.

A genuine enthusiasm for technology.

Experience with PHP development.

Experience with front-end development ecosystem (e.g. HTML, CSS, and JavaScript).

Experience with relational database design principles (e.g. MySQL).

Experience with Linux (knowledge of Apache, Solr, Memcache, Varnish configuration particularly beneficial).

Excellent problem solving skills. Curious and adept at researching project-related issues.

Possess good oral and written documentation skills and be able to interact with other team members.

Excellent attitude to self and others.

Must have relevant work permits to work in UK

Desirable

Other programming experience (Node.js, Java, Bash)

Knowledge of the AWS stack

Knowledge of Drupal

Knowledge of git and github

Skills & Personal Qualities

Self-motivated, Delivery Focused, Active Listening, Interpersonal Communication, Judgement,

Monitoring, Time Management, Patience, Team Oriented, Relationship Building.

Benefits

Salary: very competitive

A charged and energised workplace with challenging work that will give you strong coding experience.

A competitive compensation package with career development plan.

The opportunity to have a tangible impact on the product and customer experience

To apply

To learn more about the role and client, please forward your CV to jo...@invotra.com, with reference to the position in Newcastle.

Please note, candidates must be eligible to work in the EU

Strictly no agencies please.