PHPNE: June - OmniPay and the hunt for a second speaker

Michael Peacock

Jun 9, 2015, 10:01:05 AM6/9/15
to php-nor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

This month we have Jason Judge presenting about OmniPay.

OmniPay is an open source PHP library designed to provide a consistent method of handling payment gateways. This talk will provide an introduction to the library, hopefully providing some illumination on areas that the documentation lacks. I’ll show you why you would want to use OmniPay (if you aren’t already) and provide some insights into what may be coming in the next version.

Our second speaker, who was going to talk about Couchbase, has had to cancel at the last minute due to conflicting work commitments - so we are looking to fill the second slot for the event. Hopefully we will have him back another month to give that presentation.

If anyone is interested in presenting about a PHP related technology, tool, framework or even just something that is useful for PHP developers to have in their toolbox, then please get in touch, as we need a second speaker for next weeks event. Perhaps you have been working with a new hosting or deployment platform, want to talk about changes to your favourite framework, a new micro-framework, tools for testing or a new technique for development you want to share with the group. If you have something you would be willing to present to the group, please let us know!

As usual, a big thanks to Campus North for the free use of the training room, and to Laura Sharpe of Sharpe Recruitment, for the sponsored pizzas.

Thanks,

Michael