Trac setup

Lars Strojny

Aug 11, 2008, 8:02:13 AM8/11/08
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody,

after the upgrade to trac 0.11 the SVN commit hooks went somewhat
broken. I found time to fix them yesterday. As usual, after a commit,
the message is inspected for a Trac reference and adds these reference
to the Trac ticket. And the complete tests suite is executed after one
commit.

I've chatted with Christian and Mario yesterday about enforcing "one
ticket per commit" so that committing won't be possible without opening
a ticket before. Christian agreed to test that for a few weeks and
decide than if it is helpful, Mario, what's your opinion now?

The other topic would be Continous Integration: I would like to run the
test suite with various compliance parameters like magic_quotes=On/Off,
magic_quotes_runtime=On/Off to make sure everything works fine even on
strangely configured hosts. To achieve that, I would like to set up
phpUnderControl[1], which is Cruisecontrol on PHP-specific drugs. This
tool easily visualizes the current build state as well as it provides
some metrics.

[1] http://phpundercontrol.org/

cu, Lars

signature.asc

Mario Heiderich

Aug 11, 2008, 8:21:32 AM8/11/08
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'd like to work with phpUnderControl - but I am definitely against the one-ticket-per-commit idea - since the constant rule updates would be a pain in the ass to handle if a ticket has to be created each time I commit.

Greetings,
.mario
--
_______________________
php-ids.org

.ﻩﻨﺮﻪﺴ

Christian Matthies

Aug 11, 2008, 2:53:24 PM8/11/08
to Mario Heiderich
Hi,

I definitely agree with Mario. And that was my whole point before, too
(which I made clear to Lars)

At the end of the day, this kind of enforcement does certainly make
sense in corporate environments where you work with lots of people on
a bunch of sites. There, you need to have commits bound to tickets to
serve transparency and stuff. Here however, its clearly a pain in the
ass - not only for Mario.

Regards,
Christian